DETERMINATION OF ORE INTERVALS WHEN ESTIMATING RE-SERVES USING MICROMINE SOFTWARE
In domestic practice of ore reserve estimation, including at the stage of Feasibility Study of conditions, ore intervals (composites) are determined taking into account the conditions. The conditions (Resource Estimation Parameters) include: cut-off grade (CoG) of a useful component; minimum thickness of ore body (minT); maximum allowable thickness of waste rock or substandard ore interlayers (maxTS), included in the ore body outline; minimum GT, calculated as the product of the cut-off grade by the minimum thickness of the ore body. Recently, in practice of ore reserve estimation, options for automating this process began to appear in specialized programs for processing geological and survey information. The main subject for developing automation for the process of creating ore intervals in the Micromine software and the topic of this paper is determining an ore body boundaries in the direction of thickness using the conditions. The situation under consideration arises in the absence of external geological boundaries and is typical for ore bodies of various morphologies: mineralized dykes, mineralized zones, stockworks, skarns, ore shoots, etc. Earlier, prior to the study of this problem, the composite calculations were implemented in the Micromine software for the following scenarios: along boreholes, by benches, by intervals, by geology, by grade. The software developers, starting from version 16, decided to implement the algorithm for calculating ore intervals based on the conditions as an independent method in a separate tab of the menu "Boreholes/Composite calculation/By grade (GKZ)". The main varieties (parameters) of the algorithm for building of ore intervals include: Less Stringent Rules and Strict Rules. General provisions for considering ordinary ore intervals, the similarities and differences in the operation of the main varieties (parameters) of the algorithm are given. Formally, for calculating ore intervals based on the conditions, it is necessary to apply the algorithm that takes into account all the conditions as fully as possible. In Micromine software, this algorithm consists in applying the Strict Rules with the “Deny adjacent ore intervals” option enabled. In practice, multivariance of "tie" and delineation of ore bodies based on the identified ore intervals takes place. The paper provides several formalized examples explaining the legitimacy of using one or another method for identifying ore intervals. Automation of the process of determining ore intervals leads to significant increase in the speed of data processing. The described algorithms allow for, subject to properly prepared and verified data available, to rapidly calculate and statistically process numerous options for obtaining ore intervals based on the input variable data of conditions: CoG, minT, maxTS, maxGT.
About the AuthorV. L. Osipov
46, Turgenev Str., Khabarovsk, Russia, 680000
1. Osipov V.L. Opredelenie rudnyh intervalov pri podschete zapasov v programme Micromine [Determination of ore intervals in the calculation of reserves in the program Micromine]. Gornyi zhurnal=Mining Journal, 2015, No. 4, pp. 82-87.
2. Karpenko I.A., Kulikov D.A., CHeremisin A.A., Golenev V.B. K voprosu o metodike vydeleniya rudnyh intervalov pri podschete zapasov [To the question about method of remnant ore separation during reserves calculation]. Markshejderiya i nedro- pol'zovanie=Mine surveying and subsoil use, 2009, No. 1, pp. 7-18.
3. Zaykov V.G. O formirovanii rudnykh intervalov po zadannym konditsiyam. Spravka Digimine [About formation of remnant ores by staded conditions. Digimine].
4. Pukhalskiy L.Ch., Shumilin M.V. Razvedka I oprobovanie uranovykh mestorozhdeniy [Prospect and testing of uranium deposits]. Moscow, Nedra, 1977, 248 p.
5. Vikentev V.A., Karpenko I.A., Shumilin M.V. Ekspertisa podschetov zapasov rudnykh mestorozhdeniy [Examination of calculations of ore deposit reserves]. Moscow, Nedra, 1988, 199 p.
6. Shumilin M.V., Vikentev V.A. Podchet zapasov uranovykh mestorozhdeniy [Reserves estimation of uranium deposits]. Moscow, Nedra, 1982, pp. 59-62.
7. Appleyard G.R. An Overview and Outline, in Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Estimation – The AusIMM Guide to Good Practice (Ed: A C Edwards). 2001. (The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy: Melbourne).
8. Liu L., Cao W. Computational 3D modeling on deep structure architecture and implication for ore exploration in the Tongguanshan ore field, Tongling, China. Geotectonica et Metallogenia, 2016, 40 (5), pp. 928-938.
9. Chen J., Tang J., Cong Y., Dong Q., Hao J. Geological characteristics and metallogenic model in the yulong porphyry copper deposit, East Tibet. Acta Geologica Sinica, 2009, 83 (12), pp. 1887-1900.
10. Feng X.-L., Wang L.-G., Bi L. Compartmentation cavability evaluation model of ore body. Yantu Gongcheng Xuebao / Chinese Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 2009, 31 (4), pp. 584-588.
11. Wang L.-M., Chen J.-P., Tang J.-X. 3D positioning and quantitative prediction of Yulong porphyry copper deposit, Tibet, China based on digital mineral deposit model. Geological Bulletin of China, 2010, 29 (4), pp. 565-570.
12. Harcus M. Micromine at Minexpo. Mining Magazine, 2012, 204 (6), pp. 22-25.
13. Li R., Wang G., Zhu Y., Qu J. Three dimensional quantitative extraction and integration for geosciences information: A case study of Nannihu Mo deposit area (2014) Proceedings of the 16th International Association for Mathematical Geosciences - Geostatistical and Geospatial Approaches for the Characterization of Natural Resources in the Environment: Challenges, Processes and Strategies, IAMG 2014, pp. 445-447.
14. Kaputin Yu.E. Informacionnye tekhnologii planirovaniya gornyh rabot (dlya gornyh inzhenerov) [Information technology for mining planning (for mining engineers)]. Spb.: Nedra, 2004, 334 p.
15. Kuznecov Yu.N., Kurcev B.V., Stadnik D.A., Stadnik N.M. Nauchnye osnovy formirovaniya geoinformacionnoj bazy prognozirovaniya i ocenki zapasov ugol'nyh mestorozhdenij [Scientific foundations of the formation of a geoinformation database for forecasting and estimating the reserves of coal deposits]. Gornaya kniga, 2017, 124 p.
For citation: Osipov V.L. DETERMINATION OF ORE INTERVALS WHEN ESTIMATING RE-SERVES USING MICROMINE SOFTWARE. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2018;(2):23-33. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2018-2-23-31
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.