IDENTIFICATION OF THE SOURCES GENERATING IMPACT ON THE WATER QUALITY OF THE EAST JIU BASIN
The main economic activity in the Jiu Valley is mining, which provides to the society an important
content of mineral raw materials required for the development and progress, representing the main activity in producing the value chain. The majority of the mining activities and other economic activities deployed along the basin of the East Jiu generates both negative environmental impacts (more or less serious) and positive impacts such as those related to employment, staff training, creating infrastructures etc. In the most cases, the negative impacts of the human activities can be much improved up to a point or even eliminated through the remedial measures, particularly through environmental rehabilitation of the affected areas. But if a watercourse is strongly affected by sediments generated by the human activity still on the top side, the pollution will be intensifed much more on the bottom side with signifiant changes on the aquatic ecosystems and with an impossibility of consumption and the use of the water resources by the riparian population. The main objective of this paper consists of the identification and the description of all human activities presented along the East Jiu and the analayses of the negative influence exerted on the river water quality. To compare the water quality of the East Jiu and monitoring its variations in time, it was used the method water quality index (WQI), having the straight purpose of aggregating individual indicators (expressed in physical units) in a unique water quality index.
Об авторахA. SIMION
1. Fodor D. Mining and the environment, Corvin Publishing House, Deva, Romania, 2015.
2. Toth L., Pasculescu V.M., Industrial and household wastewater treatment, Focus Publishing House, Romania, 2016.
3. Lazar M., Dumitrescu I., Anthropic impact on the environment, Universitas Publishing House, Romania, 2006.
4. Lazar M., The rehabilitation of the degraded lands, Universitas Publishing House, Romania, 2010.
5. Tutuianu O., Assessing and reporting environmental performance environmental indicators, AGIR Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania 2006.
6. Ujvări I. The geography of Romania's waters, Scientific Publishing House, Romania.
Для цитирования: SIMION A., LAZAR M. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SOURCES GENERATING IMPACT ON THE WATER QUALITY OF THE EAST JIU BASIN. Горные науки и технологии. 2018;(2):34-41. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2018-2-34-40
For citation: Simion A., Lazar M. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SOURCES GENERATING IMPACT ON THE WATER QUALITY OF THE EAST JIU BASIN. Mining science and technology. 2018;(2):34-41. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2018-2-34-40
- Обратные ссылки не определены.
Контент доступен под лицензией Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.