Preparation of pyrite-arsenopyrite concentrate for gold leaching through the use of polyreagent complexes
The article focuses on the causes of refractoriness of sulfide ore stock with superdispersed gold inclusions. In order to increase gold recovery, a hypothesis about effective (peroxide) preparation of refractory raw materials in the process of leaching has been described. The author focuses on theoretical justification of the physicalchemical model and the two-stage mechanism of oxidation (photoelectrochemical and bacterial) of material using microorganisms Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans and Acidithiobacillus thiooxidans. A scheme of two-staged (physicochemical and bacterial) oxidation was developed. It is based on photoelectrochemical effects for the leaching of gold from refractory materials. It is shown that photoelectrochemical pre-oxidation makes it possible to increase development of the mineral matrix with its further bacterial oxidation. It also helps to increase the efficiency of invisible gold extraction from sulfide ores. Laboratory tests have been performed on the combined oxidation scheme on electroactivation carbon-in-leach of invisible gold from the Kokpatas deposit’s sulfide ores. The authors present the results of the laboratory tests of the activation methods for impacting upon the refractory ores before metal leaching, which prove the efficiency of such non-traditional methods for developing mineral matrix. Gold extraction using the combined technology of sulfide and arsenopyrite oxidation increases by 18%.
About the AuthorL. V. Shumilova
1. Van Aswegen P.S.; Marais М.J., Haines A.K. Design and operation of a commercial bacterial oxidation plant at Fairview. 12 p.
2. Вriеrley С. BacTech's Thermophilic Biooxidation Plan at Youanmi Mine: An Update on Performance and Cost // Randol Gold Forums 96 (21-24 Apr., Olimpic Valley, Cat., 1996). pp. 291–294.
3. Biooxidation of two arsenical refractory gold concentrates and gold cyanidation / Z. Yongzhu, L. Yiуuan, Z. Tiancong, Q. Rongqing // Extract. Met. Gold and Base Metals. Melbourne, 1992. pp. 345–348.
4. Lille, U. // Oil Shale, 2003. Vol. 20. No. 3. pp. 253-263.
5. Pals, D., Srpy P. // Econ. Geol. 2003. Vol. 98, No. 3. pp. 479-493.
6. Papoular R. // Astron. Astrophys. 2005. Aug. Man. No. RSP-02. 14 p.
7. Chanturiya, V.A. Non-traditional high-energy processes for disintegration and exposure of finely disseminated mineral complexes / V.A.Chanturiya, I.Zh.Bunin // Journal of Mining Science. 2007. Vol. 43, No. 3. pp. 311-330.
8. Yannopoulos J.C. The extractive metallurgy of gold. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1991. 280 р.
9. Sekissov et al. Method for recovery of precious metals US Patent 5492 098.
10. Yongzhu Z., Yiuuan L., Tiancong Z., Rongqing Q. Biooxidation of two arsenical refractory gold concentrates and gold cyanidation: Extract. Met. Gold and Base Metals. Melbourne, 2009. pp. 345-348.
11. Resnick Yu.N., Shumilova L.V., Rubtsov Yu.I. Sovremennye tendencii v pererabotke zolotosoderzhashhih rud i tehnogennyh othodov [Current trends in the processing of gold ores and industrial wastes]: monograph. Chita: ChitGU and ZabGK, 2007. 280p.
12. Shumilova L.V., Resnick Yu.N. Kombinirovannye metody kjuvetnogo i kuchnogo vyshhelachivanija upornogo zolotosoderzhashhego syr'ja na osnove napravlennyh fotojelektrohimicheskih vozdejstvij [Combined methods of cuvette and heap leaching of refractory gold-based materials based on targeted photo electrochemical effects]: Monograph. Chita ZabGU and ZabGK, 2012. 406p.
13. Pat. 2350665. Sposob kjuvetno-kuchnogo vyshhelachivanija metallov iz mineral'noj
14. massy [Methodcuvette-heap leaching of metals from mineral mass]. Sekisov A.G., Resnick Y.N., Zykov N.V., Shumilova L.V., Lavrov A., Manzyrev D.V., Klimov S., Korolev V.S., Konareva T.G. No. 2007118333/03 (019956); appl. 5/16/2007; publ.3/27/09. Bull. No. 9.
15. Pat. 2361937. Sposob podgotovki upornyh sul'fidnyh rud i koncentratov k vyshhelachivaniju [Method of preparing sulfide ores and concentrates, leach]. Sekisov A.G., Resnick Yu.N., Shumilova L.V., Zykov N.V., Lavrov A., Korolev V.S., Konareva T.G. No. 2007145306/02 (049635); appl. 06.12.2007; publ.20.07.09. Bull. No. 20.
16. Shumilova L.V. Effective method of hard gold-containing ore preparation forleaching: European Journal of Natural History. France (Paris). 2012. No. 6. pp. 60-61.
17. Shumilova L.V. VII Moscow international congress “Biotechnology state of the art and prospects of development”. Moscow, 2013. P. 181-182.
18. Sekisov A.G. Dispersed gold. Geological and technological aspects / A.G. Sekisov et al. Chita: Citgo, 2007. 269 pp. 11-25.
For citation: Shumilova L.V. Preparation of pyrite-arsenopyrite concentrate for gold leaching through the use of polyreagent complexes. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2016;(1):3-11. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2016-1-3-11
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.