New dialkyldithiophosphate collector for silver-containing ore flotation
To create more effective dialkyldithiophosphate collector for use in combination with potassium butyl xanthate in silver ore flotation (for Ducat deposit ores), the effect of a number of dialkyldithiophosphate collectors was studied depending on their surface-active properties and water-repelling ability. It was shown that their collecting ability, at rather similar water-repelling ability increases with strengthening their surface-active properties and reaches maximum at surface tension of 42–45.3 mN/m, and then begins to decrease. The water repellent ability decrease, even at their high surface-active properties, for example, for hydrolyzed samples, significantly reduces silver recovery. Taking into account the studied effect of surface activity and water repellent ability of the reagents, a more efficient dialkyldithiophosphate collector has been developed, which increases silver recovery compared to the standard reagent by 1.8–3.4% depending on ore dressability. Optimal ratio of the proposed dialkyldithiophosphate collector and xanthate dosing also contributes to increasing silver recovery with no reducing the process selectivity.
About the AuthorsV. I. Ryaboy
S. E. Levkovets
G. A. Efremova
O. E. Koval
1. Kondratyev S.A. Ocenka flotacionnoj aktivnosti reagentov-sobiratelej [Evaluation of flotation activity of collector reagents]. Ore dressing, 2010, No. 4, pp. 24-30. In Russ.
2. Kondratyev S.A. Ocenka aktivnosti i selektivnosti dejstvija karbonovyh kislot, ispol'zuemyh v kachestve flotacionnyh reagentov [Evaluation of the activity and selectivity of the action of the carbonic cy-slot used as flotation reagents]. Physico-chemical problems of the development of minerals = Journal of Mining Sciences, 2012, No. 6, pp. 116-125. In Russ.
3. Pan Lei, Jung Sunghwan, Yoon Rol-Hoan. A fundamental stady on the role of collector in the kinetics of babble-particle interaction. Intern.J. Miner. Process., 2012, V0l. 106-109, pp. 37-41.
4. Solozhenkin P.M. Nauchnye i tehnicheskie aspekty ohrany okruzhajushhej sredy [Scientific and technical aspects of environmental protection]. No. 1, VINITI, 2013, pp.1-120. In Russ.
5. Kondratyev S.A., Ryaboy V.I. Influence of desorbed species of xanthates and dialkyldithiophosphates on their collecting ability. XXVIII IMPC, 2016, Canada, Quebec, P ID 133.
6. Karimain A., Rezaei B., Masoumi A. The effect mixed collectors in the rougher flotation of sungun copper. Life Science Journal, 2013, 10 (6s), pp. 268-272.
7. Solozhenkin P.M., Krausz S. Stady of sulfhydric flotation reagents isomery. XV Balkan Processing Congress, H.Bulgaria, 2013, V. 1, pp. 429-432.
8. Lui G., Xiao J., Yang X., Zhong. A review of flotation collectors: fundamen tals to practice. XXVIII IMPC,2016, Canada,Quebec, P ID 206.
9. Hreniuc P.N., Pasca I., Stevan O., Badescu G. New technologies to recover gold and silver from ores and concentrates incell-type column. XV Balkan Mineral Processing Congress, Bulgaria. 2013, v.1, pp. 466-475.
10. Ryaboy V., Shepeta E., Kretov V., Golikov V. Nev dialkyldithiophosphates for fl0tation of copper, gold and silver containing ores. XVII IMPC, 2014, pp. 1-8, Santiago, Chile.
11. Ryaboy V.I., Shepeta E.D., Kretov V.P., Levkovets S.E., Ryaboy I.V. [The effect of the surfactant properties of reagents containing sodium dialkyl dithiophosphates on sulphide flotation]. Ore Beneficiation, No. 2, 2015, pp. 18-22. In Russ.
12. Adamson A. Physical Chemistry of Surfaces. Moscow, Mir, 1979, pp. 22- 24.
13. Rebinder P.A. Fiziko-himija flotacionnyh processov [Physics and Chemistry of flotation processes]. Metallurgizdat, 1933, p.89, 138, 170-172, 220, 223-226. In Russ.
14. Glembotsky V.A., Klassen V.I., Plaksin I.N. Flotacija [Flotation]. Gosgortekhizdat, Moscow, 1961, pp. 177-194. In Russ.
15. G.V. Zhivankov. Avtoreferat kand. dissertacii "Izyskanie i primenenie jeffektivnyh reagentov dlja povyshenija izvlechenija almazov pri pennoj separacii kimberlitovyh rud" [Abstract of Cand. diss. "Research and use of effective reagents to enhance the extraction of diamonds in the foam separation of kimberlite ores]. Mekhanobr Institute, Leningrad, 1985, pp. 3-19. In Russ.
16. Y.H.Tan, J.A.Finch. Surfactant structure-property relatuionship: effect of alkyl chain length and metyl brach position in aliphatic alcogols and polyglycol ethers on babble rise velocity, XV Balkan Mineral Processing Congress, Bulgaria, 2013, V. 1, pp. 423-428.
For citation: Ryaboy V.I., Levkovets S.E., Efremova G.A., Koval O.E. New dialkyldithiophosphate collector for silver-containing ore flotation. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2018;(3):45-53. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2018-3-45-53
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.