Experimental Studies of Effect of Shearer Auger Operating Device Effective Width on Effectiveness of Loading Process
Intensification of coal mining from mine seams of 0.55–1.20 m thick requires increasing efficiency of loose coal loading that may be achieved by selecting the optimal parameters of auger operating device of a shearer. The most reliable way to determine effect of the auger parameters on the energy parameters of the shearer operation is experimental research in actual operating conditions. As the subjects of the research, we selected up-to-date UKD400 and UKD200-500 shearers, operating in representative conditions of the Krasny Partizan mine of SE SVERDLOVANTRATSIT and Ternovskaya mine of DTEK PAVLOGRADUGOL PJSC. An adaptive method for specific mining operating conditions is proposed for determining the specific energy consumption of the shearers on material disruption and loading for thin seams in actual operating conditions based on fixing the values of currents of the cutting drive motors. Based on processing of the experimental data, an indicative dependence of the power for rock mass loading on the feed rate and the effective width of the operating device is determined. Increasing the auger effective width results in increasing the loading power and specific energy consumption. At the same time, the higher the shearer feed rate, the greater the growth of the loading power and specific energy consumption. This is due to the beginning of the process of loose rock mass circulation, and the larger the auger effective width, the more intensive the circulation process, and at the lower feed rate of the shearer the process starts. A method is proposed for selecting the auger optimum effective width based on the criteria of minimum specific energy consumption and maximum commercial productivity.
About the AuthorsO. E. Shabaev
P. P. Zinchenko
A. V. Meznikov
1. Gorbatov P. A., Petrushkin G. V., Lysenko N. M., Pavlenko S. V., Kosarev V. V. Mining machinery for underground coal production. College-level Textbook. Ed. Gorbatov, P.A., 2nd revised and enlarged edition, Donetsk, Nord Computer Publ., 2006, 669 p. (in Russ.).
2. Nechepaev V. G. Mechanical-hydraulic auger systems for unloading and transportation. Donetsk, DonNTU Publ., 2005, 215 p. (in Russ.).
3. Boiko N. G. Shearers for thin seams. DVNZ "DonNTU" Publ., 2010, 476 p. (in Russ.).
4. Kondrakhin V. P., Kosarev V. V., Stadnik N. I. Electric mechanisms for moving shearers. Ed. Kondrakhin, V.P. Donetsk, "DonNTU Technopark "UNITEKh" Publ., 2010, 257 p. (in Russ.).
5. Kosarev I. V., Meznikov A. V. Improving the performance of shearers with remote feed system. International Scientific and Technical Journal Bulletin of Donetsk National Technical University, no. 6, 2016, pp. 19-23 (in Russ.).
6. Gulyaev V. G. Design and construction of mining machinery and complexes. Part 1. Shearer loaders. (Theory of work processes and methods for improving reliability). Textbook. Donetsk, "DonNTU Technopark "UNITEKh" Publ., 2011, 322 p., illustrated (in Russ.).
7. Nechepaev V. G. Studying and determination of parameters of shearer variable-pitch augers for thin seams for increasing their loading capacity. Cand. Sci. (Engineering) Dissertation. Donetsk, 1982, 240 p. (in Russ.).
8. Boiko N. G. Theory of work processes of shearers for extraction of coal from thin flat seams: Extended Abstract of Cand.Sci. (05.17.06 Engineering) Dissertation. Donetsk, 1985, 31 p. (in Russ.).
9. Boiko N. G., Boltyan A. V., Shevtsov V. G., Markov N. A. Operating devices of shearers for thin flat seams. Donetsk, "Donechchina" Publ., 1996, 223 p. (in Russ.).
10. Maleev G. V., Gulyaev V. G., Boiko N. G., Gorbatov P. A., Mezhakov V. A. Design and construction of mining machinery and complexes. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1988, 368 p. (in Russ.).
11. Solod V. I., Getopanov V. M., Rachek V. M. Design and construction of mining machinery and complexes. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1982, 350 p. (in Russ.).
12. Solod V. I., Zaykov V. I., Pervov K. M. Mining machinery and automated complexes. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1981, 503 p. (in Russ.).
13. Kantovich L. I., Getopanov V. I. Mining Machinery. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1989, 304 p. (in Russ.).
14. Minichev V. I. Coal shearers. Moscow, Mechanical Engineering Publ., 1976, 248 p. (in Russ.).
15. Dokukin A. V., Modinov V. V., Pshenichny I. D. Study of the loading capacity of auger operating devices. Moscow, IGD named after A. A. Skochinsky Publ., 1967, 36 p. (in Russ.).
16. Pshenichny I. D., Modinov V. V. Investigation of the effect of auger surface shape on loading capacity of auger device. In: The scientific basis for determining rational parameters of operating devices for extraction and transportation of minerals. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1969, pp. 59-69 (in Russ.).
17. Pshenichny I. D., Modinov V. V. The study of material movement along the helical surface of auger operating device of shearer. Proceedings of IGD named after A. A. Skochinsky. Moscow, IGD named after A. A. Skochinsky Publ., 1969, no. 66, pp. 30-39 (in Russ.).
18. Korzyukov E. K., Zatonskikh A. T., Matveev N. V. Determination of loading capacity of shearer operating device when working with lateral pitch. In: Problems of mining mechanization. Kemerovo, KuzPI Publ., 1972, no. 46, pp. 46-51 (in Russ.).
19. Voronovsky K. F. Research and determination of rational parameters of auger operating device of coal shearer for thin seams. Cand. Sci. (Engineering) Dissertation. Moscow, Moscow Mining Institute Publ., 1970, 182 p. (in Russ.).
20. Chefranov V. V., Brilling V. N., Miller K. O. et al. Research and selection of optimal shape of helical surface of helical surface of shearer auger operating device at down-dip extracting coal seam. In: KNIUI Proceedings, Karaganda, 1972, no. 38, pp. 68-72 (in Russ.).
21. Loginov L. A., Makarov I. V. On moving a particle by auger operating device blade. In: Problems of mining mechanization, Kemerovo, 1975, no. 75, pp. 59-62 (in Russ.).
22. Belikov K. N. Experimental studies of the loading capacity of shearer auger operating device. In: Improving the efficiency of development of Moscow lignite basin coal deposits. Moscow, IGD named after A.A. Skochinsky Publ., 1973, no. 16, pp. 135-146 (in Russ.).
23. Nechepaev V. G. Determination of rational parameters of shearer variable-pitch augers for thin seams for increasing their loading capacity. 1981, no. 3127, 25 p. Deposited manuscript / UkrNIINTI Publ. (in Russ.).
24. Hackelboerger B. Automation of the shearer loader technique – an overview / Hackelboerger B., Hoelling B. // Glueckauf. 2007, № 9, pp. 404-413.
25. Kowal J. Control systems for multiple tool heads for rock mining / Kowal J., Podsiadlo A., Pluta J., Sapinski B. // Acta montanistica slovaca rocnik, 2003, no. 8, pp. 162-167.
26. Tkachov V. Control automation of shearers in term of auger gumming criterion / V. Tkachov, A. Bublikov, M. Isakova // Energy efficiency improvement of geotechnical systems. Dnipropetrovs’k: Taylor & Francis Group, 2013, pp. 137-145.
27. Tkachev V. Automatic control of coal shearer providing effective use of installed power / V. Tkachev, A. Bublikov, N. Stadnik // Power Engineering Control & Information Technologies. Dnipropetrovs’k: Taylor & Francis Group, 2014, pp. 73–87.
28. Atanоv G. A. Interior ballistics of impulsive water jet. Proc. Sixth Intern. Symp. Jet Cutting Technol. Guildford. 1982, Apr. 6-8, pp. C5-141–C5-159.
29. Atanov G. A., Petrakov A.I. Impulsive hydrodynamic method of rock breaking. Proc. 6-th Intern. Cont. on Erosion by Liquid and Solid Impact, 1983, pp. 32-1–32-8.
30. Daniel I.М. Experimental studies of water jet impact on rock and rocklike materials. - Third Intern. Symp. Jet Cutting Technol. Chicago. 1976, pp. В3/27–D3/46.
31. Еdnеу В.Е. Experimental studies of pulsed water jets. Proc. Third Intern. Symp. Jet Cutting Technol. Chicago, 1976, pp. В2/11–В2/26.
32. Petrakov A. I., Krivorotko O. D. Some experience in developing mining roadways using experimental heading machine with pulsed water jets. - Proc. Fourth Intern. Symp. Jet Cutting Technol. Canterbury, 1978, Apr. 12-14, pp. J3-23–J3-36.
33. Atanov G. A., Powder impulsive water jetter. Proceeding of the 11th International Conference on Jet Cutting Technology, St Andrews, Scotland, 8-10 September, 1992, pp. 295-303.
34. Atanov G. A., The Impulsive Water Jet Device: A new machine for breaking rock. International journal of water jet technology, 1991, v.1, N2, pp. 85-91.
35. Atanov G. A. Impulsive hydrodynamic method of breaking rocks and concrete. Water Jet Applications in Construction Engineering, 1998, pp. 73-89.
36. Atanov G. A. & Beshevly B. I. A model of the impulsive water jet device jet. Int. J. of Water Jet Technology, 1994, 2:72–77.
37. Atanov G. A., Indexes of breaking rocks by impulsive water jet device. Proceeding of the International Conference Geomechanics 96, Rožnov P.R. / Czech Republic / 3-6 September, 1996. Pp. 407–410.
38. Protodyakonov M. M., Teder R. I., Ilnitskaya E. I. et al. Distribution and correlation of rock physical properties indicators. Reference manual. Moscow, Nedra Publ., 1981, 192 p. (in Russ.).
39. Kudlay R. A. Block for event registration at roadheader./ In: Kudlay, R.A., Meznikov, A.V., Stadnik, N.I. Solution of scientific and technical problems in creation and implementation of modern mining equipment. Donetsk, Astro Publ., 2008, pp. 647-660 (in Russ.).
40. Shabaev O. E. Techniques for determining the specific energy consumption of destruction and loading of shearers for thin layers in real operating conditions./ Shabaev O. E., Nechepaev V. G., Zinchenko P. P., Meznikov A. V., Kovalenko A. V. Bulletin of Donetsk National Technical University, no. 4, 2017, pp. 28-33 (in Russ.).
41. Shabaev O. E. Techniques for determining the optimal width of shearer auger operating device. / Shabaev O. E., Nechepaev V. G., Zinchenko P. P. In: Mechanical Engineering and Technosphere of the XXI Century. Proceedings of the XXV International Scientific and Technical Conference in Sevastopol, Donetsk, 2018, v. 2, pp. 237-243 (in Russ.).
42. KD 12.10.040-99. Coal machine building products. Shearers. Methods for selecting parameters and calculating cutting and feeding forces at operating devices (replaces OST12.44.258-84). Effective from 01.01.2000. Donetsk, Minugleprom of Ukraine, 1999, 75 p. (in Russ.).
For citation: Shabaev O.E., Zinchenko P.P., Meznikov A.V. Experimental Studies of Effect of Shearer Auger Operating Device Effective Width on Effectiveness of Loading Process. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2019;4(2):90-102. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2019-2-90-102
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.