The relationship between the total index moisture in the frozen rocks and soil
Moisture in frozen rocks and soils is presented in the General case in the form of two components – ice and unfrozen water. To quantify the moisture content in these rocks were previously proposed two measures, named total and total moisture. The paper shows that such names incorrectly reflect the essence of these indicators. Actually it is the total mass humidity and moisture content. For a more complete and accurate assessment of the influence of moisture on physical properties of frozen rocks is proposed to use the total volume and absolute humidity and moisture content. Identified the relationship between all considered in the totals of moisture in frozen rocks.
About the AuthorG. A. Yanchenko
1. The soil: the Classical University textbook / Trofimov V. T., Korolev V. A., E. A. Voznesensky and others; ed. by Trofimov V. T. – 6-e Izd., revised and enlarged extra – M.: Publishing house of Moscow state University, 2005. – 1024 p.
2. Tsytovich N. And. Mechanics of frozen soils (General and applied): textbook for universities. – M.: Higher school , 1973. – 448 p.
3. Guide for construction on permafrost / A. F. Antonov, Y. A. valley, Vladimir Halperin and others; ed. by J. A. Vallet, V. I. Dokuchaev, N. F. Fyodorov. – L.: stroi-izdat, Leningrad-DEP, 1977. – 552 p.
4. Anderson D.M., Pusch R., Penner E. Physical and thermal properties of frozen ground // Geotechnical Engineering for Cold Regions (O.B. Andersland and D.M.Anderson, Eds). N. Y.: Mc. Craw-Hill. 1978. – P. 37–102.
5. Fletcher N.H. The chemical of ice. Cambridge Univ. Press. 1970. – 271 p.
6. Hoekstra P. The physics and chemistry of frozen soils // Highway Research Board. Spec. Rep. № 103, 1969. – P. 78–80.
7. The great Soviet encyclopedia. – M.: Owls. encyclopedia, Vol. 5. Veshin-gaz-li, 1971. – 640 p
8. Korneeva, T. V. Explanatory dictionary of Metrology, measurement technology and quality management. Key terms: ~ 7000 terms. – Moscow: Rus. lang., 1990. - 464 p.
9. Frolov A. D. Electrical and elastic properties of frozen rocks and ice. – Pushchino: ONTI pnts ran, 1998. -515 S.
10. Yanchenko, G. A. On the densities of rocks and minerals, Izv. universities. Mining magazine. - 2007. - No. 4. - P. 139 - 149.
For citation: Yanchenko G.A. The relationship between the total index moisture in the frozen rocks and soil. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2016;(1):25-32. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2016-1-25-32
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.