Development of a Hydrodynamic Method for Degassing of Gas-Saturated Flat-Lying Coal Seams
Deterioration of geological and mining conditions for underground extraction of coal deposits with increasing depth leads to significant gas release into mine workings, reaching 45 m3 or more per 1 ton of coal mined at some mines. Existing standard methods for degassing of stressed coal seams often do not provide required degassing efficiency of 50 % and more for rhythmic operation of production faces. In some conditions, open-hole degassing efficiency of 30 % can be achieved, which allows to increase output per face up to 1,000 tpd with gas release from seam up to 5 m3/min. However, at depths of 1,000-1,300 m and high-performance operation of longwall sets of equipment, gas release can reach 170 m3/min that causes face stoppages due to gas hazard and slows down the pace of stope development and stoping. In addition, preliminary seam degassing requires rather long time. Modem achievements in the field of rock hydraulic fracturing are the basis for the development of low-energy safe and environmentally friendly technologies for degassing of stressed gas-saturated coal seams. The paper presents the findings of our studies on hydrodynamic action (HDA) on a gas-saturated flat-lying coal seam and the developed method for degassing and reduction of gas-dynamic activity of stressed coal seams in mine workings. Chemical interaction of some coal free radicals with water molecules and hydrolysis products has been revealed, resulting in formation of stable compounds. This leads to decreasing concentration of coal paramagnetic centers (PMC) and sorption activity. Our mine tests have for the first time found hydrodynamic effects on geotechnical and gas-dynamic processes in a coal mass during formation of a zone of intense gas release. Technology and layout for hydrodynamic action-based degassing of gas-saturated flat-lying coal seams have been developed, providing for spatial and time separation of seam degassing and coal extraction processes.
About the AuthorV. I. Gavrilov
1. Bulat A. F. Problems of mining, energy and ecology / A. F. Bulat, M.S. Chetverik; IGTM NAS of Ukraine. Geotechnical Mechanics: Mezhved. Sat scientific tr Dnepropetrovsk, 2013. No. 110. Pp. 3-14.
2. Ilyashov M. A. Influence of productivity and speed of face movement on the gas balance of a mining site. Mining Journal. 2010. No. 7. Pp. 100-102.
3. Mining operations in difficult conditions on outburst formations. S. P. Mineev, A. A. Rubinsky, O. V. Vitushko, A. G. Radchenko. Donetsk: Skhidniy vidavnichiy dim, 2010. 603 p.
4. Zaburdyaev V. S. Methods of intensification of gas recovery of unloaded formations in underground conditions. V. S. Zaburdyaev, G. S. Zaburdyaev. Modern problems of mine methane: Coll. of Sci. Papers Moscow: MGGU, 1999. Pp. 106-117.
5. Zvyagilsky E. L. Methane management in mining areas of coal mines / E. L. Zvyagilsky, B. V. Bokiy, O. I. Kasimov. Donetsk: Knowledge, 2013. 124 p.
6. Churadze M. V. Methods of hydraulic action on coal seams to combat sudden emissions of coal and gas. GIAB. 2000. No. 7. Pp. 219-222.
7. Sofiysky K. K. Safety and effectiveness of methane-coal mines: [monograph]. K. K.Sofsky, R. K. Stasevich, B. V. Boky, A. V. Sheiko, V. I. Gavrilov, O. V. Moskovsky, E. E.Dudlya. Kiev: FLP Khalikov R.H., 2017. 308 p.
8. The rules for the maintenance of maid robots on the beds, which are liable to gas dynamic manifestations: SOU 10.1.0017.4088.011-2005. Chinniy view 2005-12-30. Kiev: Minvugleprom Ukrainy, 2005. 222 p. (in Ukr.).
9. Sofiysky K. K. Conceptual daylightness for the method of comprehensive preventive treatment of gas-rich and wicked non-grafted loamy layers with hydrodynamic design / K. K. Sofiysky, S. G. Baradulin, A. V. Aksenov. Geotechnical Mechanics: Mezhved. Coll. of Sci. Papers IGTM NAS of Ukraine. Dnepropetrovsk, 2001. Iss. 27. Pp. 144-150. (in Ukr.)
10. Airuni A. T. Economic efficiency of the fight against mine gases by ventilation and degassing methods. A. T. Airuni, Yu. N. Bessonov. Moscow, 1971. 55 p.
11. Lidin G.D. The fight against accumulations of methane in coal mines. G. D. Lidin, A. T. Airuni, F. S. Klebanov [et al.]. Moscow: Gosgortekhizdat, 1961.140 p.
12. Zaburdyaev V. S. Degassing of shallow coal seams. Coal. 1978. No. 5. P. 57-60.
13. Degassing of coal mines. Vimogi before using that scheme of degassing. K .: Minpalivenergo Ukraine, 2004. 116 p. (in Ukr.)
14. Skipochka S. I. Mechanisms for the generation of methane in coal mines. S.I. Skipochka, T.A. Palamarchuk. Coal of Ukraine. 2013. No. 2. P. 30-34.
15. Saranchuk V. I. Supramolecular organization, structure and properties of coal. V. I. Saranchuk, A. T. Airuni, K. E. Kovalev. Kiev: Science. Dumka, 1988.192 p.
16. Goncharenko V. A. Automation of the processing and calculation of sorption and structural properties of coal determined by the EPR method. V. A. Goncharenko, A. V. Burchak, V. V. Kotlyarov. Sci. newsletter of the NSAU: Coll. sci. pr. NSAU. Dnipropetrovsk, 2001. No. 4. Pp. 69-71.
17. Burchak A. V. Investigation of the “coal-gas” system and the development of methods for assessing metamorphism and disturbance of coal by the EPR method: author. dis. ... cand. tech. Sci.: 05.15.11. A. V. Burchak. Dnepropetrovsk: NSU, 1994.14 p.
18. Lukinov V. V. Study of the structural features of outburst coal by the EPR method. V. V. Lukinov, A. V. Burchak; IGTM NAS of Ukraine. Geotechnical Mechanics: Mezhved. Sat scientific tr Dnepropetrovsk, 2005. Iss. 57. Pp. 35-40.
19. Kuznetsov S. V. On the kinetics of desorption during gas-dynamic phenomena in coal mines. S. V. Kuznetsov, V. A. Bovin. FTPRPI. 1980. No. 1. Pp. 58-65.
20. Sofiysky K.K. Methods of intensifying the degassing of coal seams and preventing emissions of coal and gas: a monograph. K. K. Sofiysky, D. M. Zhitlenok, V.I . Gavrilov [et al.]. Donetsk: TOV “Shidny Vidavnichny Dim”, 2014. 460 p.
21. Sofiysky KK Hydrodynamic methods of impact on intense gas-saturated coal seams: monograph. K. K. Sofiysky, V. I. Gavrilov, D. M. Zhitlenok [et al.]. Donetsk: TOV "Shidniy Vidavnichny Dim", 2015. 364 p.
22. Gavrilov V. I. Intensification of gas evolution from a low permeable coal seam by hydrodynamic action. V. I. Gavrilov, K. K.Sofsky. Mining Journal. 2019. No. 2. P. 83-87.
23. Topchy S. E. Obgruntuvannya parameters in the method of operational control and control of the camp of the cottage array from the storage of sound and audio equipment: abstract. dis. ... cand. tech. Sciences: 05.15.02. S. E. Topchy. Donetsk: IFGP NAS of Ukraine, 2007. 20 p. (in Ukr.)
24. Chernyak I.L. Rock mass state management / I. L. Chernyak, S. A. Yarunin. Moscow: Nedra, 1995. 395 p.
25. KD 12.01.05.101-99. The forecast of dynamic manifestations of rock pressure on the activity of acoustic emission: a technique. Horlivka: DonNII, 1999.21 p.
For citation: Gavrilov V.I. Development of a Hydrodynamic Method for Degassing of Gas-Saturated Flat-Lying Coal Seams. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2019;4(3):160-171. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2019-3-160-171
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.