Evaluation of jet grouting efficiency as means of minimizing of the harmful effect of escalator tunnel construction
The article describes the escalator tunnel construction using tunnel boring machines in St. Petersburg. To reduce the harmful effects of underground construction on the Earth's surface in the mouth of the tunnel technology is used jet grouting rock mass. Based on the analysis of field data of the earth surface subsidence and rock strata proved the effectiveness of the jet grouting technology. Subsidence of the surface and within the grouting area, are approximately null. The fact that the development of subsidence occurs mainly outside the zone of jet grouting soil is shown. A method of reducing subsidence by grouting additional unstable rocks in the massif, which will reduce the harmful effects of underground construction for an massif and the earth's surface, is offered. To assess the efficiency of the proposed method, a numerical modeling based on the finite element method is carried out. According to the modeling results it is revealed that the proposed method will reduce the subsidence at the surface by 2-3 times.
About the AuthorsE. M. Volohov
S. U. Novozhenin
1. Novozhenin, S. Ju. Prognoz sdvizhenij i deformacij gornyh porod pri sooruzhenii
2. jeskalatornyh tonnelej metropolitena tonneleprohodcheskimi mehanizirovannymi kompleksami [Prediction of displacement and deformation of rocks in the construction of metro escalator tunnels tunnel boring mechanized complexes]: diss. kand. tehn. nauk: 25.00.16 / Novozhenin Sergej Jur'evich. – Sankt-Peterburg, 2014. – 147 p.
3. Lunardi. P. Ground improvement by means of jet-grouting, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Ground Improvement, 1997, vol. 1(2), pp. 65-85.
4. Mitchell, J. K. (1981), Soil improvement—State of the art report, Proceedings of the 10th ICSMFE, Stockholm, 4, pp. 509–565.
5. Moseley M. P., Kirsch K. (ed.). Ground improvement. – CRC Press, 2004.
6. Malinin, A. G. Strujnaja cementacija gruntov [Jet grouting soil]: monograph/ A. G. Malinin. – Perm: Presstime, 2007. – 168 p.
7. Burke G. K. Jet grouting systems: advantages and disadvantages //GeoSupport 2004:
8. Innovation and Cooperation in the Geo-Industry. – 2004.
9. Miki, G. and Nakanishi, W. (1984), Technical progress of the jet grouting method and its newest type, Proceedings of the International Conference on In-situ Soil and Rock Reinforcement, Paris, pp. 195-200.
10. Hamidi B. et al. The Application of Jet Grouting for the Construction of Sydney
11. International Airport Runway End Safety Area //Australian Geomechanics. – 2010. – Т. 45. – №. 4. – С. 21.
12. Tornaghi, R. and Cippo, A. P. (1985), Soil improvement by jet grouting for the solution of tunneling problems, Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium Tunnelling ′85, Brighton, England, Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, British Tunnelling Society, and the Transport and Road Research Laboratory, Dept. of Transport, pp. 265-276.
13. Maslak, V. A. Geotehnicheskij monitoring pri shhitovoj prohodke naklonnogo tonnelja sankt–peterburgskogo metropolitena [Geotechnical monitoring during shield tunneling sloping tunnel of the St. Petersburg metro] Izvestija TulGU. Nauki o Zemle. – 2010. – Vyp.2. – P. 152–159.
For citation: Volohov E.M., Novozhenin S.U. Evaluation of jet grouting efficiency as means of minimizing of the harmful effect of escalator tunnel construction. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2016;(1):67-72. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2016-1-67-72
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.