Improvement of Technology and Jar Mills for Preparation of Coal-Water Fuel from Waste Coal
The process and equipment have been developed for preparation and burning (at small and medium capacity boiler plants) of slurry coal-water fuel, produced from finely dispersed coal preparation waste (filter cakes) from coal preparation plants of Komsomolets Mine and Named after S. M. Kirov Mine. It was shown that, based on these wastes, it is possible to produce slurry coal-water fuel with solids content of 56-60 %, the required structural and rheological characteristics, and lower heating value of up to 13 MJ/kg. Based on the research findings, detail design was developed for creation of the pilot process complex for processing of waste coal to produce slurry coal-water fuel for burning at boiler plant. Assessment of using the whole volume of the SUEK Kuzbass coal preparation plants waste coal at the nearby Belovskaya SDPP was performed, which showed high economic and environmental efficiency of the proposed project.
About the AuthorsV. I. Murko
M. A. Volkov
D. P. Grinyuk
M. P. Baranova
G. O. Holboev
1. Kaplunov D. R., Radchenko D. N. Design principles and selection of subsurface use technologies ensur-ing sustainable development of underground mines. Mining Journal. 2017;(11):52–59. (In Russ.).
2. Wan E. I., Fraser M. D., Logan C. N. Low sulphur coal-water fuel to retrofit coal-fired to comply with US clean air act amendments of 1990. In: Proceedings of the IEA-CLM. Clearwater, FL, USA – Paris, France, In-ternational Energy; 1993. P. 22.
3. Ashworth R. A., Melick T. A., Morrison D. K., Battista J. J. Electric utility CWS firing options to re-duce NOx emissions. In: Twenty Third International Technical Conference on Coal Utilization & Fuel Systems, Coal & Slurry Technology Association and ASME-FACT. Clearwater, Florida; 1998. P. 719–730.
4. Morrison J. D., Scaroni A. W., Battista J. J. The use of coal slurries for production of coal-water fuel. In: XIII International Coal Preparation Congress. Brisbane, Australia;1998. P. 643–645.
5. Alaa M. Musalam and Abdel Fattah A. Qaraman. The thermal behavior of the coal-water fuel (CWF). International Journal of Energy and Environmental Research. 2016;4(3):27–36.
6. Murko V. I., Karpenok V. I., Senchurova Yu. А., Khyamyalyainen V. A., Tailakov O. V. Study of sul-fur oxide reduction during combustion of coal-water slurry. In: Coal in the 21st Century: Mining, Processing and Safety; 2016. P. 297–300.
7. Murko V., Hamalainen V., Baranova M. Р. Use of Ash-and-Slag Wastes after Burning of Fine-Dispersed Coal-Washing Wastes. In: IIIrd International Innovative Mining Symposium E3S Web of Conferences; 2018. Vol. 41. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/20184101042.
8. Baranova M. Energy and Resource-Saving Sources of Energy in Small Power Engineering of Siberia. In: Founder Of The Second International Innovative Mining Symposium; 2017. Vol. 21. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/20172102001.
9. Murko V. I., Fedyaev V. I., Karpenok V.I., Zasypkin I. M., Senchurova Y. A., Riesterer A. Investigation of the spraying mechanism and combustion of the suspended coal fuel. Thermal Science. 2015;19(1):243–251.
10. Murko V. I., Puzyryov E. M., Karpenok V. I., Fedyaev V. I., Baranova M. P. The Usage of Boilers with a Furnace for Burning Enrichment Products and Deballasting Coal. In: XVIII International Coal Preparation Congress; 2016. P. 345–350. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-40943-6_51.
11. Murko V. I., Fedyaev V. I., Aynetdinov H. L., Baranova M. P. Enviromentally clean techology of fine waste coal utilization. In: The 17th International Coal Preparation Congress. Turkey; 2013. P. 679–682.
12. Murko V. I., Fomicheva M. P., Timoshevskiy A. N., Zasypkin I. M., et al. Patent No. 2145038. M.cl. F 23 Q 5/00. Method of Combustion and Combustion Stabilization of the Water-Coal Fuel in the Settling Chamber. No. 97120914/06. Appl. 03.12.97. Published on 27.01.2000, Bulletin No. 3. (in Russ.).
13. Biletskyy V., Sergeyev P. and Krut O. Fundamentals of highly loaded coal-water slurries. Mining of Mineral Deposits. Taylor & Francis Group, London; 2013. P. 105–113.
14. Kijo-Kleczkowska A. Analysis of cyclic combustion of the coal-water slurry. Archives of Thermodynam-ics. 2011;32(1):45–75.
15. Kijo-Kleczkowska A. Combustion of coal-water slurrys. Fuel. 2011;90(2):865–868.
16. Suetina T. A., Kochetkov A. V., Tolmachev A. G., Li Zhoy, Peng Lin. Features of automatic control of primary crushers. Science Studies. 2015;7(5):2–11. (In Russ.).
17. Lagunov Yu. A. Substantiation of crushing-and-grinding facility parameters. Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2000;(4):79–82. (In Russ.).
18. Zelin Zhang, Jianguo Yang, Dongyang Dou. A surface probability model for estimation of size distri-bution on a conveyor belt. Physicochem. Probl. Miner. Process. 2014;50(2):591–605.
20. Proenergomash. Available from: www.pem-energo.ru [Accessed 18.10.2017].
For citation: Murko V.I., Volkov M.A., Grinyuk D.P., Baranova M.P., Holboev G.O. Improvement of Technology and Jar Mills for Preparation of Coal-Water Fuel from Waste Coal. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2020;5(1):4-11. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2020-1-4-11
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.