Findings of Studies on Wave Character of Pillar Support Pressure and Edge Parts of Coal Seams
Extraction of coal measures leads to origination of a large number of increased rock pressure zones in rock mass, caused by the influence of abutment pressure of rock mass edge parts and pillars kept in adjacent seams. The presence of such zones sharply worsens the condition of development and permanent workings when developing coal measures. The paper presents the findings of the observations made in the areas of the underground workings in coal mines of Karaganda coal basin, located under and above pillars and edge parts of overlying coal seams. If abutment pressure under pillars and edge parts of coal seams has been studied quite actively, abutment pressure above the pillars and the edge parts of the coal seams has not been practically studied. The findings of the performed studies showed that in all the workings in which the observations were made, the height of the workings located underneath the pillar (the edge part) varies wavily. The studies revealed wavily behavior of the stationary abutment pressure propagating along the seam, in which the working is located, according to the law of damped sinusoid while increasing distance from the source of the abutment pressure. At the same time, the half-wave length λ/2 corresponds to the thickness of the main roof above the working. The height of the workings located above the pillar (edge part) also varies wavily. At the same time, the nature of the abutment pressure influence varies depending on the distance of the working from the pressure source and is determined by undermining factor Ku. The abutment pressure half-wave length corresponds to the step of secondary collapse of the main roof of the coal seam on which the pillar (edge part) is located.
About the AuthorS. N. Lis
1. Khodyrev E. D. Determination of the limiting dimensions of protecting coal pillars and stresses in them. Proceedings of UkrNIMI, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. 2010;(6):170–180. (In Russ.).
2. Zborshchik M.P., Grischenkov N.N. Computer simulation of geotechnical parameters for mining coal measures. Proceedings of National Mining Association of Ukraine. 1999;(7):3–7. (In Russ.).
3. Grischenkov N. N., Chernyaev V. I. Calculation and simulation of increased rock pressure zones at mul-tiple undermining and overworking of coal seams. Mining and metallurgical issues of Donbass: Proceedings. Do-netsk, DonSTU. 1995;(1):80–90. (In Russ.).
4. Litvinovskaya N. A. Prediction and prevention of gas-dynamic phenomena in the soil during drifting of development drifts in undermined salt rock mass. Extended abstract of Cand. Sci. Dissertation in engineering sci-ence. Perm; 2011. 17 p. (In Russ.).
5. Petukhov I. M., Belyakov P. K., Zubkov V. V. et al. Evaluation of outburst hazard of coal seams under conditions of increased rock pressure. Moscow; 1987. 35 p. (In Russ.).
6. Petukhov I. M. Rock bursts at coal mines. St. Petersburg; 2004. 238 p. (In Russ.).
7. Kalinin S. I., Lutenko A. F., Egorov V. P., Dyakonov S. G. Rock pressure control during extraction of flat-lying seams with hard-to-collapse roofs at Kuzbass mines. Kemerovo: Kemerovo Publishing House; 1991. 247 p. (In Russ.).
8. Calculation and experimental assessment of stresses in pillars and edge parts of coal seam: Guidelines. Leningrad: VNIMI; 1973. 130 p. (In Russ.).
9. Khodyrev E. D. Construction of increased rock pressure zones at coal seams taking into account changes in mining and geological factors. Proceedings of UkrNIMI, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. 2010;(7):64–75. (In Russ.).
10. Rogachkov A. V. Substantiation of the methods to ensure stability of development drifts in zones of in-creased rock pressure when extracting contiguous seams. Extended abstract of Cand. Sci. Dissertation in engineer-ing science. St. Petersburg; 2010. 20 p. (In Russ.).
11. Chernyak I. L., Burchakov Yu. I. Rock pressure control in development drifts of deep mines. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1984. 300 p. (In Russ.).
12. Kuzyara V. I., Kolesnikov V. G., Komlev E. S., Svetlichny V. N. Regularities of abutment pressure origination in front of stoping faces. Coal of Ukraine. 1990;(11):15–16. (In Russ.).
13. Lis S. N., Vareha J. P. Self-organization of a rock mass under anthropogenic impacts on it. Mining In-formational and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2016;(7):237–250. (In Russ.).
14. Recommendations on rational arrangement and support of development drifts when using the method of pillar-free extraction of coal seams at the Karaganda basin mines. Karaganda: KNIU Publ.; 1982. 40 p. (In Russ.).
For citation: Lis S.N. Findings of Studies on Wave Character of Pillar Support Pressure and Edge Parts of Coal Seams. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2020;5(1):39-48. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2020-1-39-48
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.