Innovative, interactive and language determinants of international integration of Russian higher mining education
Russian industry embarking on an innovative development path reflects world trends of international cooperation among higher education institutions dealing with engineering staff training and integration of higher technical education. Russia’s joining the Bologna Process requires that higher schools prepare graduates, on the one hand, for an immediate start of professional activity at enterprises and, on the other, to ensure their mobility on the global
labor market. At the same time, Russian higher education institutions should be capable of training engineers from foreign countries, attaining the international level of skills training. The training of mining engineers in Russian technical universities cannot stand apart from the international integration of the educational process. The generality of technological, production and administrative processes of the mining industry in different countries makes the international integration of the higher education of mining engineers in Russia especially topical. However, the low standing of Russian technical universities in the world ratings, the limited acknowledgment of Russian diplomas abroad, insufficient study motivation of students and poor foreign language skills all serve to constrain the process of international integration of Russian higher mining education. The response to the challenges placed by globalization of the higher education system and the compelling need for the international expansion of Russian higher schools should become innovative, interactive and language determinants of this process. They represent the conditions that determine the prospects for integration of mining engineers’ higher training in the international economic community. The given determinants should be implemented at the level of specific higher education establishments by using innovative pedagogical technologies, such as binary lectures, role-plays, brainstorming, case study, and project training in the educational process.
About the AuthorsA. A. Horeshok
S. A. Zhironkin
O. V. Zhironkina
M. A. Tyulenev
1. Borovkova A.M., Kondrat'eva O.E., Rosljakov P.V., Shvedov G.V. Opyt realizacii Bolonskogo processa v universitetah Germanii [The experience of Bologna Process in German universities]. Vestnik MJeI, 2013, No. 4, pp. 111-222.
2. Vojtovich I.K. Inostrannye jazyki v kontekste nepreryvnogo obrazovanija [Foreign languages in the context of life-time education], Izhevsk, Udmurtskij universitet Publ., 2012, 212 p.
3. Vserossijskij Chempionat po resheniju toplivno-jenergeticheskih kejsov: inzhenernye kejsy vhodjat v modu [All-Russia Championship of fuel and energy case processing: engineering cases come into fashion], Ugol, 2015, No. 2, p. 47.
4. Zhironkin S.A. Formy strukturnogo regulirovanija jekonomiki [The forms of structural regulation of the economy], Ugol, 2010, No. 5, pp. 72-73.
5. Cvetkov V.A. et al. Paradigma i “tochki” neoindustrial'noj modernizacii Rossii. Glava kollektivnoj monografii “Problemy razvitija rynochnoj jekonomiki” [The paradigm and the “points” of neo-industrial modernization in Russia. The chapter of the monograph “Problems of market economy development”]. Moscow, RAN Pub., 201, pp. 16-34.
6. Korshunov S.V. et al. Proektirovanie osnovnyh obrazovatel'nyh programm vuza pri realizacii urovnevoj podgotovki kadrov na osnove federal'nyh gosudarstvennyh obrazovatel'nyh standartov [Design of higher school main educational programs based on federal educational standards]. Moscow, MGTU im. N.Je. Baumana Pub., 2010, 212 p.
7. Putin, V.V. O nashih jekonomicheskih zadachah [About our economic results]. Putin. Itogi. Available at: http://www.putin-itogi.ru/2012/01/30/statya-v-v-putina-o-nashixekonomicheskix- zadachax (Accessed September 12, 2015).
8. Razvitie gornogo professional'nogo obrazovanija – vazhnejshij faktor uskorenija vnedrenija innovacionnyh tehnologij, povyshenija konkurentosposobnosti produkcii otraslej mineral'no-syr'evogo kompleksa [The development of mining professional education - the most important factor for accelerating the transfer of innovative technologies, improving the competiveness of mineral and raw-material industries]. Nekommercheskoe partnerstvo «Gornopromyshlenniki Rossii». Available at: http://rosgorprom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135:2014-06-19-11-08-09&catid=70:2014-06-19-11-00-19&Itemid=105 (Accessed September 12, 2015).
9. Tatarkin, A., Romanova, O. O vozmozhnostjah i mehanizme neoindustrializacii staropromyshlennyh regionov [About the possibilities and mechanism of neoindustrialization of old industrial regions]. Economist, 2013, No. 8, pp. 31-41.
10. Top 200 mirovyh universitetov rejtinga Times Higher Education-QS 2014-2015. [Top 200 of the world rating of universities Times Higher Education-QS 2014-2015]. Available at: http://www.uci-asa.com/rejting-the2.html (Accessed September 12, 2015).
11. Lesin Yu.V., Luk'yanova S.Yu., and Tyulenev M.A. Mass transfer of dispersed particles in water filtration in macro-grained media / Journal of Mining Science. Vol. 46. No. 1, 2010. pp. 78-81. doi:10.1007/s10913-010-0011-z.
12. Federal'naja celevaja programma razvitija obrazovanija na 2011-2015 gody [Federal target program of education development in 2012-2015]. Federal'nye innovacionnye ploshhadki. Available at: http://fip.kpmo.ru/fip/info/13430.html (Accessed September 12, 2015).
13. Horeshok A.A. Gornyj institut – kuznica inzhenernyh kadrov dlja ugol'noj otrasli Kuzbassa [Miming institute – the smithy of engineers for coal industry of Kuzbass]. Ugol, 2015, No. 5, pp.13-15.
14. Gasanov M., Zhironkin S. Neo-industrial Base of Network Social Prosperity in the Russian Economy. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2015, No. 166, 7 January. pp. 97-102.
15. Hirvonen M. Bologna challenges: a new outlook, Journal of ECUP, 2006, No. 4. pp. 76-85.
16. Irvine E. New approach to higher education modernization: a world competition, Journal of ECUP, 2007. No. 6, pp. 91-102.
17. Kozinsky L. Technological development of the market economy. London, Peltzer & Co Pub., 2003. 204 р.
18. Observations of HHI in Modern Industrial Countries, Chicago, Univ. of Chicago Press, 2013, 206 p.
19. Raice G. Network Spreads in the USA. National Technical Magazine, 2010, No. 8, pp. 91-94.
20. Reich R. The work of nations. Preparing ourselves for 21 Century capitalism, Ney York, Univ. of N.Y. Pub., 1992, 188 р.
21. Tyulenev M.A., Lesin Y.V. Justification complex purification technology open-pit mines wastewater. Symposium of the Taishan academic forum - Project on mine disaster prevention and control. Qingdao, 2014, pp. 441-444.
22. Zhironkin, S.A., Zhuravsky M.Y. Tehnopark kak strukturo-preobrazujushhaja forma razvitija jekonomiki Kuzbassa [Technological park as a structure-changing form of Kuzbass economy development]. ECO. 2009, No. 7, pp. 33-42.
For citation: Horeshok A.A., Zhironkin S.A., Zhironkina O.V., Tyulenev M.A. Innovative, interactive and language determinants of international integration of Russian higher mining education. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2016;(1):74-81. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2016-1-74-81
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.