Marketable Product Quality Management in Conditions of Coal Mining at a Deposit of Complicated Structure
Globalization of the energy feedstock market has led to the fact that, in recent decades, parameters of the thermal coal market significantly changed. Depletion of “rich” deposits implies development of new deposits of more complicated structure and characteristics. The paper proposes a new approach to managing quality of marketable products in the course of development of a coal deposit of complicated structure, which has demonstrated its effectiveness in the conditions of the Beisky deposit. The approach to managing quality of the marketable products is based on the concept of the relevance of improving the quality of technological processes and their differentiation according to the criterion of the maximum ratio of value and cost of the products. Typical solutions are proposed, and the results of implementation of the developed methodological approach to managing quality of the marketable products as exemplified by the Vostochno-Beisky open-pit coal mine are presented. Methods of analysis of technological factors governing the selection of parameters of the process operations were used, and the substantiation of the processes for preparation of blocks, excavation, transportation, storage and processing of products in conditions of open pit mining of a coal deposit having complicated structure was performed. The implementation of the developed technological solutions in the conditions of the Vostochno-Beisky open-pit coal mine allowed to obtain positive results, expressed in the growth of quality indicators of the marketable products by 4-6 %.
About the AuthorsV. A. Azev
D. V. Popov
1. Arsentyev A.I., Kholodnyakov G.A. Designing open pit mining. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1994. 336 p. (In Russ.).
2. Rzhevsky B.B. Open pit mining. Moscow; 1985. 512 p. (In Russ.).
3. Khokhryakov V.S. Open pit mining. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1982. 280 p. (In Russ.).
4. Melnikov N.V. Open pit mining. Selecta. Moscow: Nauka Publ.; 1985. 280 p. (In Russ.).
5. Trubetskoy K.N., Potapov M.G., Vinnitsky K.E., et al. Open pit mining. Reference book. Moscow: Bureau of Mines Publ.; 1994. 590 p. (In Russ.).
6. Kaplunov D. R. Integrated development of ore deposits: design and methods of underground mining. Moscow: IPKON RAS Publ.; 1998. 383 p. (In Russ.).
7. Gavrishev, S.E. Organizational and technological methods for improving reliability and efficiency ofan open pit operation. Magnitogorsk: MSTU Publ.; 2002. 217 p. (In Russ.).
8. Rossi M. E., Deutsch C. V. Mineral resource estimation. Springer, Dordrecht; 2014. P. 1-332. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4020-5717-5.
9. Goovaerts P. Geostatistics for natural resources evaluation. Technometrics. Oxford University Press. 1997:42.
10. Galiev S.Zh. Optimization of open pit mining-transport system parameters using simulation technique. Doctoral thesis in Engineering Science. Almaty; 1997. 391 p. (In Russ.).
11. Trubetskoy K.N., Zharikov I.F., Shenderov A.I. Improvement of cyclical-and-continuous system design in open pit mines. Gornyi Zhurnal. 2015;(1):21-25. (In Russ.).
12. Topp V., Soames L., Parham D., & Bloch H. Productivity in the mining industry: Measurement and interpretation. Productivity Commission, Government of Australia, Staff Working Papers; 2008.
13. White B., Seib, W., Isokangas T. Mine planning. In: R. J. Kininmonth, E. Y. Baafi (eds). Australasian Coal Mining Practice. Monograph series No12. 3nd ed. Carlton, Vic: Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy; 2009. P.137-161.
14. Drebenstedt C., Ritter R., Supru, V.I., Agafonov Y.G. Cyclical-And-continuous method and in-pit crushing operation experience in the world. Gornyi Zhurnal. 2015;(11):81-87. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2015.11.17.
15. Fu Z., Asad M.W.A., Topal E. A new model for open-pit production and waste-dump scheduling. Engineering Optimization. 2019;51(4):718-732. DOI: 10.1080/0305215X.2018.1476501.
16. Coleman L. L. International Coal. 1998 ed. Washington, DC: National Mining Association; 1999.
17. Ward Colin R. (ed.) Coal Geology and Coal Technology. Melbourne: Blackwell Scientific; 1984.
18. Mousavi A., Kozan E., Liu S. Q. Open-pit block sequencing optimization: A mathematical model and solution technique. Engineering Optimization. 2016;48(11): 1932-1950. DOI: 10.1080/0305215X.2016.1142080.
19. Eivazy H., Askari-Nasab H. A mixed integer linear programming model for short-term open pit mine production scheduling. Transactions of the Institutions of Mining and Metallurgy, Section A: Mining Technology. 2012;121 (2):97-108. DOI: 10.1179/1743286312Y.0000000006.
20. Galiev S. Zh. Automated corporate management of geotechnological complexes in open-pit mining. Almaty; 2007. 234 p. (In Russ.).
21. Matamoros M. E. V., Dimitrakopoulos R. Stochastic short-term mine production schedule accounting for fleet allocation, operational considerations and blending restrictions. European Journal of Operational Research. 2016;255(3):911-921. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2016.05.050.
22. Katen K. P. Modern Mining Methods - Longwall, Shortwall. Elements of Practical Coal Mining. 2nd ed. Crickmer D. F., Zegeer D. A. (eds.) New York: Society of. Mining Engineers, American Institute of Mining and Metallurgy; 1982.
23. Yakovlev V. L., Azev V. A., Makarov A.M. Intra-production planning in the conditions of innovative development of a coal mining enterprise. Chelyabinsk: ABRIS Publ., 2019. 16 p. (In Russ.).
24. Boland N., Dumitrescu I., Froyland G., Gleixner A. M. LP-based disaggregation approaches to solving the open pit mining production scheduling problem with block processing selectivity. Computers and Operations Research. 2009;36(4): 1064-1089. DOI: 10.1016/j.cor.2007.12.006.
25. Galkin V.A. Technological basis for design and planning of freight traffic at open pits using motor transport. Doctoral thesis in Engineering Science. Magnitogorsk; 1987. 290 p. (In Russ.).
26. Istomin V. V. About methodological principles of open pit mining. Scientific problems of mining. Moscow: MGGU Publishing House; 2000. (In Russ.).
27. Shishvan M.S., Sattarvand J. Long term production planning of open pit mines by ant colony optimization. European Journal of Operational Research. 2015;240(3):825-836. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2014.07.040.
28. Budeba M. D., Joubert J. W., Webber-Youngman R., Shafiee S. Predicting the efficiency of a surface coal mine for competitiveness. International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment. 2017;31(3):187-204. DOI: 10.1080/17480930.2015.1135669.
29. Abdel Sabour S. A., Dimitrakopoulos R. Incorporating geological and market uncertainties and operational flexibility into open pit mine design. Journal of Mining Science. 2011;47(2):191-201. DOI: 10.1134/S1062739147020067.
30. Sokolovsky A. V. Methodology for designing technological development of operating open pits. Doctoral thesis in Engineering Science. Chelyabinsk; 2009. 276 p. (in Russian).
31. Sheshko E. F. Open-pit mining of minerals. Moscow: Ugletekhizdat Publ.; 1949. 347 p. (In Russ.).
32. Shchadov M. I., Vinitsky K. E., Shal’ P. P. Improving technological solutions and coal quality management in the EkibastuzugolProduction Concern. Overview. TsNIEIugol, Moscow; 1985. (In Russ.).
33. Chatterje S., Sethi M.R., Asad M.W.A. Production phase and ultimate pit limit design under commodity price uncertainty. European Journal of Operational Research. 2016;248(2):658-667. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2015.07.012.
34. Artemyev V. B. Technological and organizational mechanisms for effective functioning of a coal company in the course of integrated development of deposits. Doctoral thesis in Engineering Science. М., 2004, 259 p. (in Russian).
35. Kovalenko V. S., Artemyev V. B., Opanasenko P. I., Isaichenkov A. B. Technological schemes for excavation of permanent and working trenches at coal mines. Мoscow; 2011. 408 p. (In Russ.).
36. Vinitsky K. E., Shal’ P. P. Coal quality management at opencast mines of Ekibastuzugol’. Overview. TsNIEIugol, Moscow; 1981. (In Russ.).
For citation: Azev V.A., Popov D.V. Marketable Product Quality Management in Conditions of Coal Mining at a Deposit of Complicated Structure. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2020;5(2):119-130. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2020-2-119-130
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.