Methods for identifying system tasks of strategic management and improving efficiency of exploration enterprise
A geological exploration company is a modern enterprise, possessing advanced techniques and carrying out full range of high quality exploration for all types of solid minerals in accordance with world standards, which is the center of competence in uranium geology, as well as provides its services in the field of exploration for solid minerals. To date, the tasks of ensuring replenishment of explored mineral reserves, increasing efficiency of their use, as well as increasing profitability and capitalization of enterprises of mining-and-processing industry remains relevant. To implement a set of measures for solving problems associated with prospecting, exploration, and exploitation of uranium deposits, it is urgently required to develop the following improved approaches and methods: modernization and re-equipment of methodological and technical base of the enterprise’s chemical analytical laboratory for implementation mineralogical and radioisotope methods of prospecting for uranium deposits; carrying out work to expand the scope of accreditation, environmental research, and training of specialists for field laboratories; creation of an information system for geological data bank, which allows organizing a single information space and ensuring availability of the necessary reliable data, as well as their safety/integrity and the data access control. The conducted research formed the basis for the development of mechanisms for achieving strategic targets and implementing strategic objectives of the enterprise. To ensure sustainable growth of key performance indicators of the enterprise, it is necessary to focus on long-term successful work. This is connected with restructuring of assets and diversification of the company's activities, development of innovative methods and facilities for prospecting and laboratory-and-technological research, improvement of the set of radioecological studies at exploration areas, and introduction of the principles of corporate and legal culture. Providing growing demands of affiliated mining enterprises for mineable resources by replenishing the uranium resource base should be based on active prospecting, exploration, and discovery of new uranium deposits, as well as formation of highly efficient professional personnel. To improve management efficiency, the enterprise should activate and improve the quality of exploration, as well as diversify the company's activities and reduce possible risks. Implementation of this approach is possible through the formation of highly efficient professional personnel based on the recognition of high economic value of human resources. In addition, it is necessary to actively conduct exploration in promising areas for discovering new deposits and, correspondingly, increasing and replenishing the company's uranium reserves and increasing its assets. This will allow prolonging the life of the company’s mines until 2040 due to increasing additional explored reserves.
About the AuthorD. N. Moldashi
1. U3O8 Production Review. Ux Weekly. 2010;22(10).
2. Woods P., Pool T., Beneš V., Gorbatenko O., Jones B., Märten H., Solodov I., Slezak J. International overview of ISL uranium mining operations. In: International Symposium on Uranium Raw Material for the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Exploration, Mining, Production, Supply and Demand, Economics and Environmental Issues (URAM-2014). 23–27 June 2014. Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency; 2014. P. 138.
3. Nazarova Z. M., Ovseychuk V. A., Lementa O. Yu. Uranium market: current state, problems and prospects of development. Problems of modern economics. 2016;2:159–162. (In Russ.)
4. Svyatetskiy V. S., Solodov I. N. The strategy of technological development of uranium mining industry of Russia. Mining Journal. 2015, No. 7, 2015;7:68–77. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2015.07.10 (In Russ.)
5. Derek M. Insight: Uranium is in a holding pattern. Commodity Insights Bulletin. 2015. 8 p.
6. Arnold N., Gufler K. The future of Nuclear Fuel Supply. In: Proceedings of the 1st INRAG Conference on Nuclear Risk. 16–17 April 2015. Vienna: University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna; 2015. P. 1-27.
7. The Global Nuclear Fuel Market. Supply and Demand 2011–2030. WNA report; 2011. 236 р.
8. Polack C. Uranium exploration (2004–2014): New discoveries, new resources. In: International Symposium on Uranium Raw Material for the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Exploration, Mining, Production, Supply and Demand, Economics and Environmental Issues (URAM-2014). 23–27 June 2014. Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency; 2014. P. 8-9.
9. Rogov E. I. Optimization of prepared for extraction reserves at uranium drillhole in-situ leaching mines. Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. MGGU Publishing House. 2002;4:149-150. (In Russ.).
10. Zhivov V. L., Boytsov A. V., Shumilin M. V. Uranium: geology, mining, economics. Мoscow: Atomredmetzoloto; 2012. 301 p.
11. Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 926 of 20.08.2002 “On the concept for development of uranium industry and nuclear power industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2002–2030”.
12. Khawassek Y. M., Taha M. H., Eliwa A. A. Kinetics of Leaching Process Using Sulfuric Acid for Sella Uranium Ore Material, South Eastern Desert. Egypt International Journal of Nuclear Energy Science and Engineering. 2016;6:62–73.
13. Yurtaev A., Golovko V. Prospects of block underground leaching application on Streltsovskoe field deposits. In: International Symposium on Uranium Raw Material for the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Exploration, Mining, Production, Supply and Demand, Economics and Environmental Issues (URAM-2014). 23–27 June 2014. Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency; 2014. P. 172.
14. Joint A. Uranium Resources, Production and Demand International: Nuclear Energy Agency and the International Atomic Energy Agency. Boulogne-Billancourt France. Organisation for economic cooperation and development; 2018. 462 p.
15. Saleh Ahmed, Fathi Elldakli, Phillip Mcelroy. Simulation techniques used for modeling horizontal wells andthe role of grid refinement. 2019.
16. Solodov I. N. In Situ Leach Mining of Uranium in the Permafrost Zone, Khiagda Mine, Russain Federation. In: URAM-2014. IAEA. International Symposium on Uranium Raw Material for the Nuclear Fuel Cucle: Exploration, Mining, Production, Sypply and Demand, Economics and Environment issues. Vienna, Austria 23–27 June; 2014.
17. Yusupov H. A., Dzhakupov D. A., Nazarbayeva N. A. Selection of arrangement and parameters of a production block boreholes. In: International research-to-practice conference "Scientific and personnel support of innovative development of mining-and-metallurgical industry". Almaty; 2017. P. 168-170. (In Russ.)
18. Golik V. I., Zaalishvili V. B., Gabaraev O. Z. Geophysical support of uranium leaching processes. Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2014;7:112–121 (In Russ.)
19. Molchanov A. A., Demekhov Yu. V. Improving efficiency of uranium ISL production from deposits of hydrogenic type in the Republic of Kazakhstan (case study of the Vostochny Mynkuduk deposit). In: Actual problems of uranium industry. Proceedings of VII International Conference. Almaty, NAC Kazatomprom; 2014. P. 92–98 (In Russ.).
20. Minzberg G., Alstrand B., Lampel J. Schools of strategy. Translated from English, under the editorship of Kapturevsky Yu. N. St-P.: Piter Publ.; 2011. 336 p. (In Russ.)
21. Khorin A. N., Kerimov V.E. Strategic analysis. Manual for graduate students.Мoscow:Eksmo; 2012. 288 p. (In Russ.).
22. Coveney Michael, Genster Dennis, Hartlen Brian, King Dave. Strategic gap: Techniques for corporate strategy implementation. Translated from English. Мoscow: Alpina Business Books Publ.; 2011. 232 p.
23. Brylin V. I. Drilling technology and equipment for production wells for in-situ leaching recovery of uranium. Manual for graduate students. National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University, Yurga, Russia, Tomsk, Publishing House of Tomsk Polytechnical University; 2010. 211 p. (In Russ.).
24. Gerzhberg Yu. M., Kuznetsov N. I., Kirshin V. I., Kuligin A. V. Scientific fundamentals and modern technique for non-oriented control of hole path. Мoscow: LLC IRC Gazprom Publ. 2008;2. 45 p. (In Russ.).
25. Dieva N. N., Volpin S. G., Kornaeva D. A., Steinberg Yu. M. Increasing information content of the studies of wells operating at bottomhole pressure below the bubble point pressure using the steady-state takeoff method. Burenie i Neft'. 2014;1:41-46 (In Russ.).
26. Korotchenko A. N., Zemlyanoy A. A. System for recording the parameters of fluids injected into well. Burenie i Neft'. 2013;1:49-50 (In Russ.).
27. Sushko S. M., Begun A.D., Fedorov B. V., Kasenov A. K., Daurenbekov S.D. Technique of construction of wells for exploration and production of uranium by ISL method. Almaty: NAC Kazatomprom JSC, Institute of High Technology LLP (IHT); 2007. 178 p. (In Russ.).
28. Shumilin M. V. et. al. Exploration of uranium deposits for in-situ leaching extraction. Мoscow: Nedra Publ.; 1985. 208 p. (In Russ.).
29. Rakishev B. R., Fedorov B. V. Technique and technology of construction of geotechnological (wellfield) wells. Almaty; 2013. 260 p. (In Russ.).
30. Rogov E. I., Yazikov V. G., Rogov A. E. Optimization of arrangements and design parameters of a network of process wells for extraction of metals by ISL method. Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. MGGU Publ. 2001;9:35–37. (In Russ.).
31. Samsonov B.G. Fundamentals of subject monitoring of geological environment at enterprises for exploration, production, and use of nuclear feed. Мoscow: Center for Assistance to Social and Environmental Initiatives of the Nuclear Industry Publ.; 2010. 120 p. (In Russ.).
32. Gerzhberg Yu. M. Drilling with stepped well bore as a method to limit the well bore deviation. Burenie i Neft'. 2013;6:28-31. (In Russ.).
33. Tsuprikov L. A. Determination of the ROP model parameters by the least squares method. In: Telecommunication and information systems. Proceedings of Int. Conf. St-P.: MSU Publishing House; 2007. P. 274-276 (In Russ.).
34. Noskov M. D., Kesler A. G., Terovskaya T. S., Babkin A. S., Posokhova E. M. Environmental monitoring and prediction of the subsoil conditions during uranium production at CJSC Dalur. In: Proceedings of Rogov Scientific Conference: Problems of Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology and Geoecology of Urbanized Territories. Tomsk: Publishing House of Tomsk State Architecture and Building University; 2015. P. 208-211. (In Russ.).
35. Poezjaev I. P., Polinovsky K. D., Gorbatenko O. A. et al. Uranium Geotechnology. Manual for graduate students. Under the general editorship of Yu. V. Demekhov, B. M. Ibraev. Almaty; 2017. 327 p. (In Russ.).
36. Kibanov A. Ya., Zakharov D. K. Formation of Human Resource Management System at an Enterprise. Мoscow: Delo Publ.; 2012. 315 p. (In Russ.).
For citation: Moldashi D.N. Methods for identifying system tasks of strategic management and improving efficiency of exploration enterprise. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2020;5(3):266-284. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2020-3-266-284
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.