Features of evaluating the economic security of peat industry enterprises in the Tver Region of Russia (the industry review)
The paper is devoted to the urgent problem of sustainable and economically secure development of enterprises in the Tver Region peat-extracting sector of the economy. Despite the fact that peat deposits are widespread in many regions of Russia, the efficiency of their industrial and economic use is extremely low. The purpose of the study was to determine the features of the assessment and analysis of the economic security of an enterprise that develops peat deposits. The paper examines the relationship between the concepts of “peat rent” and “economic security”, and also provides the author’s interpretation of their content and essence. An analysis of the existing approaches to assessing the economic security of peat extracting enterprises was carried out, and the use of the rent approach was substantiated based on the data on the peat industry enterprises used in this study. The indicators for assessing the economic security of a peat production were identified. The authors proposed a methodological approach, a feature of which was comprehensive accounting of technical, economic, and natural factors that objectively affected the level of economic security of peat extracting enterprises. The proposed methodological approach also makes it possible to develop recommendations for increasing the flexibility and adaptability of peat extracting enterprises, taking into account the individual conditions of their work. The methodological research toolkit included the fundamentals of economic theory, information methods for processing statistical data, and economic and mathematical modeling. The methodology approbation was carried out through the example of enterprises of the Tver Region peat-extracting industry, which had been at a low ebb (in protracted economic crisis) for a long time. The conclusions, recommendations, and proposals of the study were used in the development of the Regional program “Natural Resources Management and Environmental Protection” for 2017–2022 (Order of the Tver Region Government No. 414-pp of December 26, 2016 as amended on February 7, 2020).
About the AuthorsT. B. Yakonovskaya
Tatiana B. Yakonovskaya – Cand. Sci. (Economics), Assoc. Prof., Department of Economics and Production Management
SCOPUS ID: 57196258982
A. I. Zhigulskaya
Alexandra I. Zhigulskaya – Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assoc. Prof., Department of Technological Machines and Equipment
SCOPUS ID: 57196259021
1. Mikhailov A., Zhigulskaya A., Yakonovskaya T. Strip mining of peat deposit. In: Mine Planning and Equipment Selection: MPES 2017 Proceeding of the 26th International Symposium. Ed. by Behzad Ghodrati, Uday Kumar, Håkan Schunnesson. 29-31 August 2017. Luleå: Luleå Universi-ty of Technology; 2017. P. 497-501.
2. Yakonovskaya T. B., Zhigulskaya A. I., Zhigulsky M. A. Analysis of investment and inno-vation activity in peat industry. In: Current state of economic systems: economics and management. Proc. of international scientific conf. December 04–05, 2018, Tver: SKF office, 2018. P. 148–153 (In Russ.).
3. Akimova T. A. Fundamentals of Sustainable Development Economics. Мoscow: Ekonomika Publ.; 2013. 332 p. (In Russ.).
4. Mikheeva N. N. Regional Economics and Management. Khabarovsk: RIOTYPE Publ.; 2000. 400 p. (In Russ.).
5. Yakonovskaya T. B., Zhigulskaya A. I., Zuzin B. F. Features of estimation of economic ef-ficiency of technologies of development of peat deposit. Mining information and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2014;(7):318-323.
6. Gayfullina M. M., Kostomarova E. V. Methodical approach to assessment of the economic safety of the oil company. Naukovedenie. 2017;9(2). URL: http://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/64EVN217.pdf (Accessed date: 08.07.2020).
7. Pluzhnikov V. G., Kukharenko S. I., Shikina S. A. Diagnosis as a tool of providing econom-ic security of enterprises. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series "Economics and Manage-ment". 2017;11(1):36-44. https://doi.org/10.14529/em170105
8. Tokar E. V., Serdyuk L. E. Diagnostics as a tool for ensuring the economic security of an enterprise. Modern economics: topical issues, achievements, and innovations. Proc. of XI Scientific-Practical Conference. (November 25, 2017): in 2 Parts. Penza: Nauka i Prosveshchenie Publ.; 2017. Part 1. P. 19–31 (In Russ.).
9. Vyborova E.N. Methodological features of comparative diagnostics of the economic status of business entities. Ekonomicheskii analiz: teoriia i praktika. 2007;24(105):15-19. (In Russ.).
10. Khirevich E. Yu. Assessment of the level of economic security of a metallurgical enter-prise. Kontsept. 2016;11:971-975 (In Russ.). URL: http:e-koncept.ru/2016/86211.htm. (Accessed date: 08.07.2020).
11. Vinokurov E. Introduction to the Eurasian Economic Union. London; New York: Palgrave Macmillan; 2018. 211 p.
12. Tcvetkov Р., Strizhenok А. Ecological and economic efficiency of peat fast pyrolysis pro-jects as an alternative source of raw energy resources. Journal of Ecological Engineering. 2016;17(1):56-62. https://doi.org/10.12911/22998993/61190
13. Bogdanov V. D., Ilysheva N. N., Baldesku E. V., Zakirov U. Sh The development of corre-lation model between economic development and environmental performance on the basis of non-financial reporting. Economy of Region. 2016;12(1):93–104. https://doi.org/10.17059/2016-1-7
14. Anderson T. W., Sclove S. L. Introductory Statistical Analysis. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company; 1974. 82 p.
15. Aldieri L., Vinci C.P., Kotsemir M. The role of environmental innovation through the technological proximity in the implementation of the sustainable development. Business strategy and the environment. London: John Wiley & Sons. 2019;28(5):356-366. https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.2382
16. Clarke D., Rieley J. Strategy for responsible peatland management. Amsterdam; 2012. URL: http:www.bordnamona.ie/wp-co... (дата обращения: 08.07.2020).
17. Wright M.M., Satrio J.A., Brown R.C., Daugaard D.E., Hsu D.D. 2010. Techno-economic analysis of biomass pyrolysis to transportation fuels. National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Tech-nical NREL/TP-6A20-46586, November 2010. URL: https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy11osti/46586.pdf (Accessed date: 08.07.2020).
18. Sachs J. D., Warner A. M. Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth. National Bureau of Economic Research. Cambridge: MA. NBER Working; 1995. 98 р.
19. Bendikov M. A. Economic security of an industrial enterprise in conditions of economic downfall. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom. 2000;(2):19-29 (In Russ.)
20. Ndubisi N. O., Al-Shuridah O. Organizational mindfulness, mindful organizing, and envi-ronmental and resource sustainability. Business strategy and the environment. London: John Wiley & Sons. 2019;28(3):436-446. https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.2219
21. Akberdina V. V., Grebyonkin A. V., Smirnova O. P. Comprehensive assessment of indus-tries economic security: regional aspect. Economy of Region. 2017;13(4):1264-1279. https://doi.org/10.17059/2017-4-23
22. Kozulin A., Tanovitskaya N., Minchenko N. Developing a national strategy for the con-servation and sustainable use of peatlands in the Republic of Belarus. Mires and Peat. 2018; 21(5):1-17. https://doi.org/10.19189/MaP.2016.OMB.227 (Accessed date: 08.07.2020).
23. Muller F. Strategies for peatland conservation in France - a review of progress. Mires and Peat. 2018;21(6):1-13. https://doi.org/10.19189/MaP.2016.OMB.218 (Accessed date:08.07.2020).
24. Gerding M. A. W., Karel E. H. K., de Vries G. E. The history of the peat manufacturing industry in The Netherlands: Peat moss litter and active carbon. Mires and Peat. 2015;16(10):1-10. URL: http://www.mires-and-peat.net/media/map16/map_16_10.pdf (Accessed date: 08.07.2020).
25. Tcvetkov P. S. The history, present status and future prospects of the Russian fuel peat industry. Mires and Peat. 2017;19(14):1-12. https://doi.org/10.19189/MaP.2016.OMB.256
For citation: Yakonovskaya T.B., Zhigulskaya A.I. Features of evaluating the economic security of peat industry enterprises in the Tver Region of Russia (the industry review). Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2021;6(1):5-15. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2021-1-5-15
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.