Typology of metro structures for the tasks of geotechnical risk classification
Risk management is an important part of a modern enterprise activity. Currently, risk management should be included in the overall quality management system of a construction organization. Geotechnical construction, for instance, construction of metro, should also be carried out taking into account possible risks. Metro construction is connected with a number of uncertainties related to enclosing rock mass conditions, and specific geotechnical risks, which can lead to materialization of hazards with various consequences. Predicting possible hazards at all stages of a metro structure life cycle requires the ability to manage risks. The effectiveness of risk management requires detailed risk identification, which precedes the stage of determining the probability of risk (the risk assessment stage). To identify an object, it is required to determine its composition, properties, physical origin. The method of such risk cognition with division into groups through determining the essential features (grounds) is classification. To date, different classifications of risks in construction activity have been developed. The paper discusses various approaches to the classification of risks in underground construction, analyzes the feasibility of adapting these classifications to the analysis of geotechnical risks in the construction of metro facilities. The principles of classification of geotechnical risks were proposed. The typology of metro structures has been substantiated as the basis for the classification of geotechnical risks in the construction of metro facilities. The results of the development of a general form for classification of geotechnical risks during a metro construction have been presented.
About the AuthorE. V. Potapova
Elena V. Potapova – Chief Specialist of the Production and Technical Department
1. Kaufman L. L., Lysikov B. A. Geotechnical Risks in Underground Construction (Review of Foreign Experience). Donetsk: Nord-Press; 2009. 362 p. (In Russ.).
2. Vlasov S. N., Makovsky L. V., Merkin V. E. Emergency situations during the construction and operation of transport tunnels and subways. Мoscow: TIMP; 2000. 197 p. (In Russ.).
3. Garber V. A. Abnormal situations at underground transport facilities. Podzemnye gorizonty. 2018;(16):20–25. (In Russ.).
4. Mazanik T. A., Potapov M. A., Potapova E. V. Recommendations to minimize deformations of earth’’s surface (for example use of vsm complex for subway building). Metro i tonneli. 2016;(3):12–16.
5. Potapov M. A., Potapova E. V. Vertical shaft sinking machine: application practice for sinking vertical shafts of the moscow metro over last 10 years. Metro i tonneli. 2016;(2):12–16.
6. Rita L. Sousa. Risk Analysis for Tunneling Projects: Thesis (Ph. D.) Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2010. URL: http://hdl.handle.net/1721.1/58282
7. Atkins W.S. The risk to third parties from bored tunnelling in soft ground. HSE Books; 2006. 78 p. URL: https://www.hse.gov.uk/Research/rrpdf/rr453.pdf
8. Ponkin I. V., Redkina A. I. Classification as a method of scientific research, particularly in jurisprudence Perm university herald. Juridical sciences. 2017;37:249–259. https://doi.org/10.17072/1995-4190-2017-37-249-259
9. Kulikova E. Yu., Korchak A. V., Levchenko A. N. Risk management strategy in urban underground construction activity. Мoscow: MSU Publ. House; 2005. 206 p. (In Russ.).
10. Kofan O. S. Improving the quality and safety of metro tunnel construction based on risk analysis: Ph.D. thesis in Engineering Science. 05.23.11. St. Petersburg; 2002. 146 p. (In Russ.).
11. Chunyuk D. Yu. Features of classification and components of geotechnical risk in construction. Industrial and civil engineering. 2013;(9):42–44 (In Russ.).
12. Kulikova E. Yu. Methods of forming an integral risk assessment in mine and underground construction. MIAB. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2021;(2-1):124–133. https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2021-21-0-124-133
13. Kulikova E. Yu. Defects of urban underground structure and their prediction. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2018;451(1):012108. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/451/1/012108
14. Kulikova E. Yu., Balovtsev S. V. Risk control system for the construction of urban underground structures. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2020;962(4):042020. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/962/4/042020
15. Kulikova Е. Yu., Vinogradova O. V. Risks as a cause of industrial safety inhibition in underground construction. MIAB. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2020;(7):146–154. https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2020-7-0-146-154
16. Rachkova O. G. Architecture of transport structures. 2nd ed. Мoscow: Yurait; 2018. 197 p. (In Russ.).
17. Mubarakshina F. D., Rachkova O. G. Modern typology and some problems of the architecture of transport facilities resume. Izvestiya KGASU. 2012;(1):17–23. (In Russ.)
18. Kalabin A. V. Typology of residential buildings, small and medium number of storeys: current status. Akademicheskij vestnik uralniiproekt RAASN. 2014;(1):63–69.
19. Orlov A. I. Mathematical methods of classification theory. Polythematic Online Scientific Journal of Kuban State Agrarian University. 2014;95:23–45.
20. Enyukova I. S. (ed.) Factorial, Discriminant, and Cluster Analysis. Мoscow: Finansy i Statistika; 1989. (In Russ.)
21. Potapova E. V. Expert-statistical approach to the analysis of geotechnical risks in the construction of metro facilities. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. International Conference on Construction, Architecture and Technosphere Safety (ICCATS 2020). 6–12 September 2020. Sochi. 2020;962:042052.
For citation: Potapova E.V. Typology of metro structures for the tasks of geotechnical risk classification. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2021;6(1):52-60. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2021-1-52-60
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.