Prediction of ground subsidence due to underground mining through time using multilayer feed-forward artificial neural networks and back-propagation algorithm – case study at Mong Duong underground coal mine (Vietnam)
About the AuthorsQ. L. Nguyen
Quoc Long Nguyen – PhD, Department of Mine Surveying, Faculty of Geomatics and Land Administration
Scopus ID 57204138384
Q. M. Nguyen
Quang Minh Nguyen – Associate Professor of Surveying, Department of Surveying, Faculty of Geomatics and Land Administration
Scopus ID 57198770131
D. T. Tran
Dinh Trong Tran – PhD, Deparment of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering, Faculty of Bridges and Roads
Scopus ID 57222386870
X. N. Bui
Xuan Nam Bui – Professor of Mining, Full Professor, Department of Surface Mining, Faculty of Mining
Scopus ID 36892679300
1. Long N. Q., Ahmad A., Cuong C. X., Canh L. Van. Designing observation lines: a case study of the G9 seam in the Mong Duong colliery. Journal of Mining and Earth Sciences. 2019;60(3):18–24. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333560617_Designing_observation_lines_a_case_study_of_the_G9_seam_in_the_Mong_Duong_colliery
2. Ambrožič T., Turk G. Prediction of subsidence due to underground mining by artificial neural networks. Computers and Geosciences. 2003;29(5):627–637. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0098-3004(03)00044-X
3. King M. A., Watson C. S. Long GPS coordinate time series: Multipath and geometry effects. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth. 2010;115(4):1–23. https://doi.org/10.1029/2009JB006543
4. Yang W., Xia X. Prediction of mining subsidence under thin bedrocks and thick unconsolidated layers based on field measurement and artificial neural networks. Computers and Geosciences. 2013;52:199–203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2012.10.017
5. Cong Khai P., Tran D. T., Nguyen V. H. GNSS/CORS-Based Technology for Real-Time Monitoring of Landslides on Waste Dump – A Case Study at the Deo Nai South Dump, Vietnam. Inżynieria Mineralna. 2020;1(2):181–191. https://doi.org/10.29227/IM-2020-02-23
6. Hejmanowski R., Witkowski W. T. Suitability assessment of artificial neural network to approximate surface subsidence due to rock mass drainage. Journal of Sustainable Mining. 2015;14(2):101–107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsm.2015.08.014
7. Zhao K., Chen S. N. Study on artificial neural network method for ground subsidence prediction of metal mine. Procedia Earth and Planetary Science. 2011;2(1):177–182. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeps.2011.09.029
8. Kim K. D., Lee S., Oh H. J. Prediction of ground subsidence in Samcheok City, Korea using artificial neural networks and GIS. Environmental Geology. 2009;58(1):61–70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-008-1492-9
9. Kim Y., Son M., Moon H. K., Lee S. A. A study on the development of an artificial neural network model for the prediction of ground subsidence over abandoned mines in Korea. Geosystem Engineering. 2017;20(3):163–171. https://doi.org/10.1080/12269328.2016.1254573
10. Lee S., Park I., Choi J. K. Spatial prediction of ground subsidence susceptibility using an artificial neural network. Environmental Management. 2012;49(2):347–358. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00267-011-9766-5
11. Hu Q., Deng X., Feng R., Li C., Wang X., Jiang T. Model for calculating the parameter of the Knothe time function based on angle of full subsidence. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2015;78:19–26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2015.04.022
12. Wang C., Ji H. Analysis on the improved time function model of surface subsidence. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. 2015;19:615–627.
13. Zhanqiang C., Jinzhuang W. Study on time function of surface subsidence the improved Knothe time function. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering. 2003;9.
14. Long N. Q., My V. C., Luyen B. K. Divergency verification of predicted values and monitored deformation indicators in specific condition of Thong Nhat underground coal mine (Vietnam). Geoinformatica Polonica. 2016;15:15–22. https://doi.org/10.4467/21995923GP.16.002.5479
15. Cui X., Miao X., Wang J., Yang S. et al. Improved prediction of differential subsidence caused by underground mining. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2000;37(4):615–627. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(99)00125-2
16. Gonzalez-Nicieza C., Alvarez-Fernandez M. I., Menendez-Diaz A., Alvarez-Vigil A. E. The influence of time on subsidence in the Central Asturian Coalfield. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. 2007;66(3):319–329. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10064-007-0085-2
17. Liu X., Wang J., Guo J., Yuan H., Li P. Time function of surface subsidence based on Harris model in mined-out area. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2013;23(2):245–248. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmst.2013.04.012
18. Haykin S. Neural Networks: A Comprehensive Foundation. 2nd Edition. 2004.
19. Rumelhart D. E., Hinton G. E., Williams R. J. Learning representations by back-propagating errors. Nature. 1986;323:533–536. https://doi.org/10.1038/323533a0
20. Long N. Q. A novel approach of determining the parameters of Asadi profiling function for predictiong ground subsidence due to inclied coal seam mining at Quang Ninh coal basin. Journal of Mining and Earth Sciences. 2020;61(2):86–95. https://doi.org/10.46326/JMES.2020.61(2).10
21. Atiya A. F. Learning algorithms for neural networks. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California. 1991. URL: https://thesis.library.caltech.edu/3725/1/Atiya_a_1991.pdf
22. Heaton J. Introduction to neural networks with Java. 2nd Edition. Heaton Research, Inc. 2008. 439 p.
23. Dayong Y., Jun S. Prediction method for evolutionary neural net of strata subsidence of rock Mass. Mining Safety & Environmental Protection. 2002;29(3):11–13. (In Chin.).
For citation: Nguyen Q.L., Nguyen Q.M., Tran D.T., Bui X.N. Prediction of ground subsidence due to underground mining through time using multilayer feed-forward artificial neural networks and back-propagation algorithm – case study at Mong Duong underground coal mine (Vietnam). Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2021;6(4):241–251. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2021-4-241-251
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.