RESEARCH METHODS FOR THE POTENTIALS OF SELF-POLARIZATION OF NATURAL ELECTRIC FIELD IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE FROZEN SANDY-CLAYEY ROCKS IN THE AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT
To study the mechanism of destruction of the frozen sandy-clayey rocks studied natural electric field (EP), which appear in the freeze the wet rocks that is defined by the presence of a potential difference at the boundary of frozen and thawed rocks. As a result of experiments it is established that the destruction of samples frozen sandy-clayey rocks in the aquatic environment is accompanied by the emergence and changes in the sample of the natural electric fields. In our opinion, the appearance of the electric field associated with the filtration capabilities resulting from the penetration of water through pores and cracks in the rock sample. The measurement of potentials of self-polarization was performed by the method of potential gradient and potential using two electrodes frozen in a sample. In the result, it was proven that the method of measuring the difference of electric potentials of selfpolarization between two points of rock samples has the advantage that not only indirectly characterizes the temperature change in the sample, but additionally gives information about the electrokinetics of the process, about the dynamics of changes in electrical resistance of a rock formation between the electrodes and the polarity of the different volumes of the rock sample. In addition, this method allows to investigate the dynamics of the process of thawing of frozen rocks, and also confirms the filtration destruction of frozen rocks in the aquatic environment.
About the AuthorV. F. Rochev
678960. Russia, The Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Neryungri, st. Kravchenko, 16.
1. Voprosy ustojchivosti obnazhenij mnogoletnemerzlyh porod [Issues of the stability of outcrops of permafrost] / V.Ju. Izakson, A.V. Samohin, E.E. Petrov et al. – Novosibirsk: Higher Education Science Siberian Publishing Company, 1994. – 165 p.
2. Jeffekt avtotirminirujushhego razrushenija v vodnoj srede poverhnostnogo sloja merzlyh glinistyh porod: Preprint. [The effect of auto-tearing destruction in the water environment of the surface layer of frozen clay rocks: Preprint.] V.Yu. Izakson, A.V. Samokhin, V.L. Yakovlev et al. – Yakutsk: YAC of the SB AS USSR, 1990. – 40 p.
3. Permafrost studies (short course) / Ed. Kudryavtseva V.A. – Moscow: Izd-vo MGU, 1981. – 240 p.
4. Shusherina EP, Zaitsev V.N. Temperaturnye deformacii mnogoletnemerzlyh dispersnyh porod i povtorno-zhil'nyh l'dov [Temperature deformations of permafrost and dispersed veins] / Merzlotnye issledovanija [Permafrost studies.]. Issue. XУ. – Moscow: Izd-vo MGU, 1976.– Pp. 187-197.
5. Yakubovsky Yu.V. Electrical Exploration. – Moscow: Nedra, 1973. – 304 p.
6. Tsytovich NA Mehanika merzlyh gruntov: Ucheb. posobie. [Mechanics of frozen soils: Proc. Allowance.] – Moscow: Higher School, 1973. – 362 p.
7. Kotov P. I., Roman L. T., Tsarapov M. N. Express-methods for forecast thawing soils settlement // Book of Abstracts of EUCOP4 – 4th European Conference on Per-mafrost, 18-21 June 2014 - Évora, Portugal. – Vol. 1. – Evora, Portugal, 2014. – P. 399.
8. Kuznetsova E., Motenko R. Weathering of volcanic ash in the cryogenic zone of kamchatka, eastern russia // Clay Minerals. – 2014. – No. 49. – P. 195–212.
9. Fish A. M. Kinetic nature of the long-term strength of frozen soils // Proc. 2-nd Intern. Symp. on Ground Freezing. Trondheim, Norway, 1980. – P. 95-108.
10. Andersland O.Ladany В. An intro-duction to frozen ground engineering. N.Y.Chapman and Hall. 1994. 180 p.
11. Odgvist F.K. Mathematical theory of creep and creep rupture // Oxford. Mathem. Monograph. London: Oxf. Univ.press. – 1966.
12. Zhu Y.Carbee D.L. Creep and strength behavior of frozen silt in uniaxial compression. USA CRREL. 1987, 67 p.
For citation: Rochev V.F. RESEARCH METHODS FOR THE POTENTIALS OF SELF-POLARIZATION OF NATURAL ELECTRIC FIELD IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE FROZEN SANDY-CLAYEY ROCKS IN THE AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2017;(1):51-58. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2017-1-51-57
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.