TECHNIQUE OF MEASUREMENT OF WORKING RAIL PROFILE CURVATURE RADIUS. ERRORS AT INDIRECT MEASUREMENTS
The article suggests a practical method of indirect curvature radius measurements of the working surface worn profile due to rail operation to create a conformal contact locomotive wheel tread with the rail. Conformal contact can provide an increase of the coefficient wheel-rail adhesion in the contact spot and lead to contact stress decrease due to an increase of the actual contact area of the interacting surfaces. The measured radius of curvature is used to restore the worn rail profile by of the rail surface grinding. It is established that in connection with the presence of random factors affecting on the surface of driving path at interaction of the locomotive wheel with the rail, random errors should be excluded from the obtained measurement results or the magnitude of the random components of errors should be estimated. At indirect measurements, it is not easy to find the best estimate of the true value of the measured size because of the unknown law of error distribution. On the basis of theoretical studies, the paper justifies a simplified formula for determination of the variance of the indirect measurement function of rail profile curvature radius according to the mathematical expectations and variances of the measured arguments. Simultaneous measurement of several arguments of the indirect measurement function leads to a correlation dependence of the arguments, that is taken into account in the proposed technique. Based on the measurement data, confidence intervals are constructed to estimate the mathematical expectation and the standard deviation of the radius of curvature of the rail. The question of choosing the number of measurements to achieve a specified accuracy of the curvature radius of the rail surface profile is considered.
About the AuthorsP. E. Sizin
Dr. Sci., Assistant Professor +7 905 713 63 56
Argunovskaya str., 12-266, 129075 Moscow
A. M. Keropyan
Dr. Sci (Tech.), Professor +7 903 582 80 67
Kalinina str. 22 - 40, 141282 Ivanteevka, Mosk. Region
Yu. E. Babitchev
Dr. Sci (Eng.), Professor +7 (925) 706 90 68
Leninsky Prospekt, 52-58, 119333, Moscow
R. K. Basov
General Director + 7 926 057 22 03
9 May str., 95 - 74, 663980 Borodino, Krasnoyarsk Krai
1. Demkin N.B. Contact rough surfaces [text] / N.B. Demkin - M.: Science, 1970. - 227 p.
2. Luzhnov Yu.M. Nanotribology of the synthesis of wheels with rails. Reality and possibilities [text] / Yu.M. Luzhnov - M.: In-text, 2009. - 176 p.
3. Gerasimova AA, Radyuk AG Improvement of surface quality of blanks by coating // Revision of pig iron and steel in the CIS, 2014, p. 33-35.
4. AM Keropyan. Features of interaction of traction wheels of an electric locomotive and diesel locomotive with rails in conditions of open mining operations // Journal of friction and wear, 2016. Vol. 37, no. 1, p.78-84 (eng).
5. Generalization of the advanced experience of heavy traffic: the interaction of the wheel and rail / Trans. with English. WJ Harris, SM Zakharov, J. Landgren et al /Intex, 2002. 408 p.
6. Hertz, H. Uber die Berurung festering elasticizer Corper (1882) J. F. Reine U. Angew. Math., Pp. 156-171.
7. Lin, S.P., Takino, Y., Suda, Y., Hashimoto, M., Kageyama, M. Study of the friction characteristics of several wheels in humid conditions (2016) Civil-Comp Proceedings, 110.
8. Lin, S., Takino, Y., Suda, Y., Hashimoto, M., Nakano, D., Tanimoto, A., Kageyama, M. Study of the dynamics of light rail transport with various friction coefficients in the wet state (2016). year) Dynamics of vehicles on roads and roads - materials of the 24th symposium of the International Transport Dynamics Association, IAVSD 2015, pp. 1499-1504.
9. Ohyama, T., Chen, H., Ishida, M.EHL between the railway and the railway wheel (2004) Toraibarojisuto / Journal of the Japanese Society of Tribologists, 49 (4), p. 316-322.
10. Ertz, M., Knothe, K. Comparison of analytical and numerical methods for calculating temperatures in wheel / rail contact (2002). Depreciation, 253 (3-4), p. 498-508.
11. Kaiser, I., Winolas, J. Comparison of the influence of structural flexibility, contact geometry and contact friction on the behavior of railway traffic (2016) Civil-Comp Proceedings, 110.
12. Donzella G., Sccpi, M., Solazzi, L., Trombini, F. The influence of block braking on the state of the residual stress of a solid railway wheel (1998) Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, 212 (2), pp. 145-158.
13. Vakkalagadda, MRK, Vineesh, KP, Mishra, A., Racherla, V. Impairment of the locomotive wheel due to the increase / dehumidification of the track: the effect of the wheel profile, brake unit type and braking conditions (2016) Engineering failure analysis, 59, pp. 1-16.
14. Bruni S., Vinolas, J., Berg, M., Polach, O., Stichel, S. Modeling of Suspension Components in the Context of Dynamics of Railway Transport (2011). Dynamics of the Vehicle System, 49 (7), p. 1021-1072.
15. Eickhoff, B.M., Evans, J.R., Minnis, A.J. Review of modeling methods for components of the railway suspension (1995) Dynamics of the vehicle system, 24 (6-7), pp. 469-496.
16. Sato, Y., Matsumoto, A., Knothe, K. Review of studies of corrugation of rails (2002). Depreciation, 253 (1-2), pp. 130-139.
17. Matsumoto A., Sato, J., Nakata M., Tanimoto M., Qi, K. Wheel-rail contacts in full scale on the test bed (1996). Depreciation, 191 (1-2), pp. 101-106.
18. Hiensch M., Nielsen, J.C.O., Verheijen, E. Corrugation of railways in the Netherlands. Measurements and modeling (2002). Depreciation, 253 (1-2), pp. 140-149.
19. Tumanishvili G., Natriashvili T., Goletiani G., Zviadauri V., Nadiradze T. Improving working conditions of the chassis of the freight locomotive (2016). Transport problems, 11 (3), p. 103 -109.
20. Nielsen, JCO, Lundén, R., Johansson, A., Vernersson, T. Training interaction and mechanisms of irregular wear of wheel and rail surfaces (2003). Dynamics of the vehicle system, 40 (1-3), p. 3-54.
21. Pisarenko GS et al Handbook on the resistence of materials. Kiev: Naukova Dumko, 1998. 776 p.
22. Fundamentals of tribology (friction, wear, lubrication): Proc. for techn. universities / Ed. A.V. Chichinadze. - Moscow: Center "Science and Technology", 1995. 778 p.
23. Luzhnov Yu.M. Coupling of wheels with rails. Nature and patterns. - M.: Intext, 2003. - 144 with. 9. Demkin NB, Izmailov V.V. Development of the doctrine of contact interaction of machine parts // Bulletin of Machine Building. - 2010. - No. 10. - P. 28 - 32.
24. Kragelsky IV, Friction and Wear, Butterworth, London, 1965.
25. Bowden FP, Tabor D. Friction and lubrication of solids. Oxford, 1954. p.195.
26. Johnson K.L. Contact Mechanics. Press of Cambridge University. 1987. - 452 p.
27. Nouvion F. Elektrikal manages devices to improve adhesion. Paper 5. London, 1963.
28. Verbek H. The modern idea of coupling and its use. // Railways of the World Journal. 1974. №4. - P. 23 - 53.
29. AMKeropyan. Development of the theory of interdependence and rationale for rational parameters of the wheelwheel system of quarry locomotives in traction mode: diss. Doct. tech. Sciences: 05.05.06: is protected 12/23/2015 / Keropyan Ambartsum Mkrtich-vich .- Ekaterinburg, 2015. - 233 with. - Bibliography: S. 208-223.
30. Keropyan AM, Sizin PE, Kryazhev NM, Basov RK Conditions for the interaction of wheels of career locomotives with rails and determination of rational geometric parameters of their contacting surfaces // Mining. 2012. P.108 - 110.
31. AM Keropyan. Theoretical studies of the conditions for ensuring the conformal contact of the wheel-rail system of a quarry railway transport // Friction and lubrication in machines and mechanisms. 2013. No 2 pp. 11-16.
32. Keropyan A. M., Gorbatyuk S.M. Impact of Roughness of Interacting Surfaces of the Wheel-Rail Pair on the Coefficient of Friction in their Contact Area.// Procedia Engineering, Volume 150, 2016, Pages 406-410, 2nd International Conference on Industrial Engineering (ICIE-2016). (English)
33. The patent of the Russian Federation for the invention № 2566598 from 08/28/2014. Method for determining the radius of curvature of cylindrical surfaces of infinite length. Keropyan, P.Ya. Bibikov, P.M. Verzhansky, R.K. Basov. Bul. № 30 of 27.10.2015.
34. The patent of the Russian Federation for the invention № 2568332 from 08/28/2014. Measuring tool for controlling the radius of curvature of cylindrical surfaces of infinite length. Keropyan, D.E. Kaputkin, P.Ya. Bibikov, R.K. Basov, M.Yu. Zavyalov. Bul. № 32 of 20.11.2015.
35. Rabinovich SG Measurement errors. - L .: Energia, 1978. - 262 p.
36. Gmurman, VE Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics: Textbook. manual for university students / V.E. Gmurman. - 12 th ed., Pererab. - M .: Higher education, 2008. - 478 p.
37. Adler Yu.P., Markova EV, Granovsky Yu.V. Planning an experiment when searching for optimal conditions. - Moscow: Nauka, 1976. - 278 p.
For citation: Sizin P.E., Keropyan A.M., Babitchev Y.E., Basov R.K. TECHNIQUE OF MEASUREMENT OF WORKING RAIL PROFILE CURVATURE RADIUS. ERRORS AT INDIRECT MEASUREMENTS. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2017;(2):60-72. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2017-2-60-69
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.