Ways to Reduce Power Losses in Mining Power Supply Lines
Electric energy is the most common and universal form of energy. It can be produced in large quantities near energy sources, transmitted to large distances, easily distributed between consumers and converted into mechanical, thermal, and light energy. Ensuring reliable and economical quality electric energy supply to mining enterprises with the optimal use of energy resources is one of the most important tasks facing the country's energy sector. In the Russian Federation, high degree of concentration of generating capacities at power plants has been achieved. The main capacities are concentrated in power plants with installed capacity of more than 1 million kW. High importance of the electric power industry is determined by the infrastructural nature of the industry and the direct relationship between the country's economic growth and the level of its development effectiveness. One of the most pressing problems of modern electricity supply is the problem of ensuring the quality of electric energy. The main reason for the deterioration in the electricity quality is widespread non-linear loads that create non-sinusoidal currents and voltage unbalance during their operation. The voltage unbalance is most often caused by the presence of an unbalanced load. Unbalanced load currents flowing through the elements of the power supply system cause unbalanced voltage losses in them. This results in appearance of unbalanced voltages on the terminals of electric apparatus. The voltage deviations at electric apparatus overdriven phase may exceed the normally acceptable values, while the voltage deviations at electric apparatus other phases may remain within the normal limits. In addition to the deterioration of the voltage mode at electric apparatus under the unbalanced voltage conditions, the operating conditions of both the electric apparatus and all the network elements are significantly worsened, and the reliability of the electrical equipment and the power supply system as a whole decreased. The paper considers the issues of reducing the voltage losses in power supply networks by improving quality of electric power.
About the AuthorN. S. Antsiferov
Leading Design Engineer
1. Sidea D. Weather-based assessment of the overhead line conductors thermal state // PowerTech. IEEE Eindhoven, 2015, pp. 1-6.
2. Mir V. Ali. Evolution of heating units: from Ingalls to Jinmao // Electronic J. of Structural Engineering. 2001, vol. 1. no. 1, pp. 2-14.
3. Ignotas A. Lithuanian legal and regulatory framework for district heating. Presented at IEA workshop «District heating policy in transition economies», Prague, February 2004, 167 р.
4. Georgiadis M. C., Kikkinides E. S., Pistikopoulo E. N. Energy Systems Engineering // WILEY-VCH, Weinheim-2008, 337 p.
5. McGranagham М., Blevins J., Samotyj M. Optimal solution for improving electric energy quality and reliability // Transmission & Distribution World. 2004. № 2. С. 48-52.
6. Ananicheva S. R., Myzin A. L. Substitution schemes and established modes of electrical networks: workbook; 6th ed., revised, Yekaterinburg, UrFU Publ., 2012, 80 p. (in Russ.).
7. Latypov I. S., Sushkov V. V. Reducing power losses in a power distribution network of 6–35 kV voltage in the power supply system for consumers in the oil and gas industry. Proc. of the 5th Int. scientific-practical conf. Culture, science, education: problems and prospects, Nizhnevartovsk, 2016, pp. 107-111 (in Russ.).
8. Vendin S. V., Shcherbinin I. A. On the calculation of the propagation of electromagnetic pulse in the process of microwave processing of dielectric media. Bulletin of the Belgorod State Technological University named after V. G. Shukhov, 2015, no. 2, pp. 204-206 (in Russ.).
9. Vinogradov A. A, Soloviev S. B. Mathematical problems of electric power industry. Methodological guidelines for course paper for students of discipline 140400. Electrical Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Belgorod, BSTU named after Shukhov, 2013, 37 p. (in Russ.).
10. Ugarov G. G., Shevchenko N. Yu., Lebedeva Yu. V., Soshinov A. G. Improving the efficiency of overhead power lines of voltage of 110-220 kV in icing areas. Moscow: Pero Publ., 2013, 186 p. (in Russ.).
11. Electrical systems. v. 2. Electrical power networks: work-book. Ed. Venikov V. A., Moscow, Vyshchaya Shkola Publ., 1971, 440 p. (in Russ.).
12. Electrical systems. Operating modes of electrical systems and networks. Ed. V.A. Venikov. Moscow, Higher school, 1975, 344 p. (in Russ.).
13. Block V. N. Electrical power networks and systems. Student training manual. Moscow, Vyshchaya Shkola Publ., 1986, 430 p. (in Russ.).
14. Electrical systems and networks. Student training manual. Ed. Denisenko G. I. Kiev, Vyshchaya Shkola Publ., 1986, 82 p. (in Russ.).
15. Frichtel I. S. Influence of electric power quality on avionic design and weapon system effectivness // Power Cond. Specialists Conf. Rec. (Pasadena, Cal., 1971). New York, 1971. P. 173.
16. Sciubidio Е. Spadke napiecia i straty mocy czynnj w liniach 4-przewodowych niskiego napiecia przy niesymetrycznym obciazeniu // Energetyka (DHL). 1975, 29, № 2, pp. 63-64.
17. Aizenberg B. L. Effect of uneven load on phases in a municipal network of 0.4 kV on consumer installation voltage and its economic assessment. In the book: Regulation of voltage in electrical networks. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1968, pp. 130-135 (in Russ.).
18. Volkov, E. P., Barinov, V. A, Manevich, A. S. The main lines of electric power industry development in Russia, taking into account long-term prospects and improving market relations. Izvestiay Akademii Nauk – Energetika [Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences – Power Engineering], no. 5, 2000, pp. 3-40 (in Russ.).
19. Wainstein L. M., Zhukov L. A. Voltage unbalance in electrical power systems and mode balancing. In the book: Regulation of voltage in electrical networks. Moscow: Energiya Publ., 1968, pp. 444-450 (in Russ.).
20. Vasiliev V. G., Ganikhodjaev N.G., Vasilieva S. P. Regression method for assessing the power losses of electricity in overhead lines of rural networks of 0.38 kV. In Composite Book: Problems of Electrification of Agriculture of Uzbeksky SSR. Moscow, 1979, pp. 101-119 (in Russ.).
21. Goela S. С. Discussion on the Paper: Allowable output from a 3-phase induction motor connected to unsymmetrical supply by N. N. Roy. Author's reply. I. Inst. Eng. (India). Elec. Eng., Div. 1969. 49. Pt. 3. K. 6, pp. 812–816.
22. Frichtel I. S. Influence of electric power quality on avionic design and weapon system effectiveness // Power Cond. Specialists Conf. Rec. (Pasadena, Cal., 1971). New York, 1971, p. 173.
For citation: Antsiferov N.S. Ways to Reduce Power Losses in Mining Power Supply Lines. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2019;4(2):150-156. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2019-2-150-156
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.