About the necessity for changing the methodical approach to the calculation of methane release rate in high-performance working faces of Kuzbass
It is traditionally believed that the use of high-performance mining equipment in collieries leads not only to increasing productivity of the enterprise, but also to significant increasing release of methane into the mine air. Based on this, the existing regulatory and methodological support for calculations allowed predicting the rate of methane release into the mine air and determining the required operating modes of the ventilation system to ensure mining safety. The task of this study is to investigate in practice the laws of methane release as a function of the productivity of mining equipment and to identify phenomena that affect the nature of these laws. Based on the data of air gas monitoring, the results of statistical study of methane release in 101 working faces of 33 collieries of Kuzbass are presented. In 76 working faces, parabolic law of the dependence of the methane release on the productivity of mining equipment, having peak points in relation to the rate of advance and productivity of the shearer were established with high confidence. Using the law of A. Darcy and the equation of sorption of I. Langmuir, it has been theoretically established that methane release from loose coal is a function inversely proportional to the linear hyperbolic dependence, and also has a peak point in relation to the rate of advance and productivity of the shearer. Analysis of the established dependence of the rate of methane release from the loose coal shows that the methane release significantly (quadratically) decreases with decreasing the rotational speed of the cutting auger and the number of cutters in the cutting line or the number of blades on the drum. Methane release also quadratically increases with increasing formation thickness and the shearer cutting width. The extreme dependence of the rate of methane release from loose coal forms two areas of allowable rate of advance and productivity of the shearer by gas factor.
About the AuthorsA. A. Ordin
A. M. Timoshenko
D. V. Botvenko
1. Timoshenko A. M., Baranova M. N., Nikiforov D. V., et al. Some aspects of the application of regulatory documents in designing high-performance extraction districts in coal mines. Vestnik Naucnogo centra VostNII. 2010;1:5-15. (In Russ.).
2. Coal Mine Ventilation Design Guide. MakNII, Osnova Publ., Kiev; 1994. 158 p. (In Russ.).
3. Grashchenkov N. F., Petrosyan A. E., Frolov M. A. et al. Mine Ventilation: Handbook. Ed. K.Z. Ushakov, Moscow: Nedra Publ; 1988. 439 p. (In Russ.).
4. Instruction for the use of mine extraction district ventilation diagram at isolated methane removal from mined-out space using gas-suction plants. Approved by Order of the Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision No. 680 of 12.01.2011. Moscow; 2011 (In Russ.).
5. Zaburdyaev G. S., Novikova I. A., Podobrazin A. S. Methane and dust emission during operation of auger operating devices. Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2008;(53):243-249. (In Russ.).
6. Ordin A.A., Timoshenko A. M. About influence of coal fractional composition on methane release at production face. Fiziko-tehniceskieproblemy razrabotkipoleznyh iskopaemyh. 2016;(3): 104-109. (In Russ.).
7. Ordin A. A., Timoshenko A. M. Nonlinear dependences of methane release on natural methane content of a coal seam and on kinematic parameters of shearer cutters. Fiziko-tehniceskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh. 2017;2:110-116 (In Russ.).
8. Bokiy A. B. Effect of the level of coal production on the rate of release of greenhouse gases to stopes. In: Collection of research papers "Geotechnical Mechanics” Dnepropetrovsk. 2010;(88):247-255. (In Russ.).
9. Plotnikov V. P. Derivation of the formula for calculating the performance of shearers with auger, drum, or crown operating device. Ugol'. 2009;(9):5-7. (In Russ.).
10. Semykin Yu. A. Improving safety of coal mining based on intensification of gas release from formation boreholes and improving the method for predicting gas content at production face. Ph.D. thesis in Engineering Science. Moscow: NITU MISiS; 2016. (In Russ.).
11. Federal norms and rules for industrial safety "Safety rules in coal mines". Series 05/CJSC NTTsIPPB. 2017;40. 198 p. (In Russ.).
12. Plakitkina A.S. Analysis and prospects of development of coal industry in developed countries, the former USSR, and Russia up to 2030. Moscow: INEI RAS Publ.; 2013. 415 p. (In Russ.).
13. Nikolsky A.M., Kovalenko A.A., Tishkov M.V., Neverov A.A., Neverov S.A. Method of underground mining of under-pit reserves in difficult mining and geological conditions. Novosibirsk: Nauka Publ. 2017; 328 p. (In Russ.).
14. Conroy P. J., Curth E. A. Longwall Mining in Illinois, Longwall- Shortwall Mining State-of-the-Aft. SME-AIME; 1981.
15. Peng S. S., Chiang Y. S. Longwall mining. John Wiley & Song Inc., New York; 1984. 135 p.
16. Yu Shou Liu. Analysis of different techniques for respirable dust control in longwall operations - partiku-lary in reference to the Bull Seam. Southern Coal Field. Australia; 1992. 86 p.
17. Winter J., Pineau J.P. Effect of Nitrogen on Methane and Coal Dust Explosion in galleries. Archivum Combastionis. (1-4).
18. Mc Pherson M. The Westray Mine Explosion. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Mine Ventilation Congres. Krakow, EMAGE; 2001.
19. Feng K.K. Hazardous character of Canadian coal dusts. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference of Safety in Mines. Schelfield. Health and Safety Executive ed.; 1983.
20. Eckhoff R. Dust explosions in the process Industries. Oxford, Butterworth-Haniemann; 1991.
For citation: Ordin A.A., Timoshenko A.M., Botvenko D.V. About the necessity for changing the methodical approach to the calculation of methane release rate in high-performance working faces of Kuzbass. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2020;5(2):82-91. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2020-2-82-91
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.