Friendly and Resource-Saving Methods of Underground Ore Mining in Disturbed Rock Masses
One of the most problematic aspects in underground ore extraction in mining-disturbed rock masses is backfilling of man-made voids, which affect origination and redistribution of stress-strain state of the rock mass. Their existence in the earth's crust provokes subsidence/collapse of the day surface and also contributes to arising geomechanical and seismic phenomena. The purpose of the study is to substantiate environmental-friendly and resource-saving methods for backfilling of voids in underground ore mining based on revealing the features of rock integrity of the day surface and life-sustaining activity of the population living in the mining-affected area. The main negative consequences of the impact of mining on the environment and humans are high costs for conserving day surface and ensuring life-sustaining activity of the population living in the mining-affected area, as well as removing large areas of land from human activity, etc. Based on the study of a rock mass stress-strain state using geophysical and surveying methods, an environment-friendly method for backfilling of man-made voids in disturbed rock masses is proposed. It enables ensuring the integrity of the day surface and life-sustaining activity of the population living in the mining-affected area (in the vicinity of mines, dumps, sites of backfilling complexes, preconcentration and heap leaching of metals from substandard ores, tailings storage facilities, etc.). Combined geotechnologies are proposed for backfilling of voids during the development of ore deposits by underground block leaching, and scientific and methodological and technical support was provided for drilling and blasting preparation of hard ores and underground leaching of pilot blocks at the Michurinsky deposit of GP VostGOK, Ukraine. The research findings can be used in underground mining of ore deposits of complicated structure.
About the AuthorsV. I. Lyashenko
O. E. Khomenko
V. I. Golik
1. Borisov A. A. Pressure on horizontal working support. Moscow; Leningrad: Ugletekhizdat Publ.;1948. 104 p. (In Russ.).
2. Vetrov S. V. Permissible sizes of rock exposures during underground ore mining. Moscow: Nauka Publ.; 1975. 223 p. (In Russ.).
3. Borisov A. A. Rock Mechanics. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1980, 359 p. (In Russ.).
4. Fisenko G. L. Limit state of rocks around mine workings. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1980, 359 p. (In Russ.).
5. Sleptsov M.N., Azimov R. Sh., Mosinets V. N. Underground mining of non-ferrous and rare metals. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1986. 206 p. (In Russ.).
6. Avdeev O.K., Pukhalsky V.N., Razumov A.N. Ore reserves mining in the zone of protective pillars under a water body. Gornyi zhurnal. 1989;(9):28-30. (In Russ.).
7. Instructions for safe conduct of mining operations at ore and non-metallic deposits prone to rockburst. Leningrad: VNIMI Publ.; 1989. 58 p. (In Russ.).
8. Lyashenko V. I., Khomenko O. E., Kisly P. A. Improving seismic safety of underground mining based on applying new explosive charges. Ferrous metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Economical Information. 2019;75(8):912-922. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.32339/0135-5910-2019-8-912-922.
9. Shtele V. I. The testing bench for modeling geomechanical processes in rock mass. Inventor's certificate No. 1682559 A1 (USSR); 1991. (In Russ.).
10. Nguyen Ngoc Minh, Pham Duc Thang. Tendencies of mining technology development in relation to deep mines. Mining Science and Technology. 2019;4(1):16-22. DOI: 10.17073/2500-0632-2019-1-16-22.
11. Mining and processing of uranium ores. Chernov A. P. (gen. ed.) Kyiv: Adef-Ukraine Publ.; 2001. 238 p. (In Russ.).
12. Vysotskaya N. A., Piskun E. V. The main factors of adverse environmental impact of potash production and methods of environmental protection. Mining Science and Technology. 2019;4(3):172-180. DOI: 10.17073/2500-0632-2019-3-172-180. (In Russ.).
13. Komashchenko V.I., Vasiliev P.V., Maslennikov S.A. Preparation of reliable resource base for underground development of KMA deposits. Izvestija Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o zemle. 2016;(2): 101-114. (In Russ.).
14. Dmitrak Yu.V., Kamnev E.N. JSC "Leading Design-and-Survey and Scientific Research Institute of Industrial Technology" - 65 years of development. Gornyi zhurnal. 2016;(3):6-12. (In Russ.).
15. Ping Y. J., Zhong C. W., Sen Y. D., Qiang Y. J. Numerical determination of strength and deformability of fractured rock mass by FEM modeling. Computers and Geotechnics. 2015;64:20-31.
16. Dold B., Weibel L. Biogeometallurgical pre-mining characterization of ore deposits: An approach to increase sustainability in the mining process. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2013;20(11):7777-7786.
17. Eremenko V.A., Lushnikov V.N. Methodology for selecting "dynamic" support for workings at deposits prone to rockburst. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2018;(12):5-12. (In Russ.).
18. Reiter K., Heidbach O. 3-D geomechanical-numerical model of the contemporary crustal stress state in the Alberta Basin (Canada). Solid Earth. 2014;(5):1123-1149.
19. Goodarzi A., Oraee-Mirzamani N. Assessment of the Dynamic Loads Effect on Underground Mines Supports. In: 30th International Conference on Ground Control in Mining; 2011. P. 74-79.
20. Sokolov I. V., Antipin Yu. G., Baranovsky K. V. Study of design and parameters of the combined system for developing an inclined quartz deposit. Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo assets engineering. 2017;328(10):85-94. (In Russ.).
21. Sadovsky M. A. Geophysics and Explosion Physics. Moscow: Nedra Publ.; 1997. 334 p. (In Russ.).
22. Smirnov S. M., Tatarnikov B. B., Aleksandrov A. N. Selecting method of stoping with backfilling of mine goaf depending on geodynamic conditions of ore mining area. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2014;(11):45-51. (In Russ.).
23. Khani A., Baghbanan A., Norouzi S., Hashemolhosseini H. Effects of fracture geometry and Wittke W. Rock Mechanics Based on an Anisotropic Jointed Rock Model (AJRM). Verlag: Wilhelm Ernst & Sohn; 2014. 875 p.
24. Shabanimashcool M., Li C. C. Analytical approaches for studying the stability of laminated roof strata. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2015;79:99-108.
25. Wang D. S., Chang J. P., Yin Z. M., Lu Y. G. Deformation and failure characteristics of high and steep slope and the impact of underground mining. In: Transit Development in Rock Mechanics-Recognition, Thinking and Innovation: Proceedings of the 3rd ISRM Young Scholars Symposium on Rock Mechanics. USA; 2014. Р. 451-457.
26. Iofis M.A., Fedorov E.V., Esina E.N., Miletenko N.A. Development of geomechanics for solving the problems of subsoil conservation. Gornyi zhurnal. 2017;(11):98-104. (In Russ.).
27. Khasheva Z. M., Golik V. I. The ways of recovery in economy of the depressed mining enterprises of the Russian Caucasus. International Business Management. 2015;9(6):1210-1216.
28. Golik V., Komashchenko V., Morkun V., Burdzieva O. Metal deposits combined development experience. Metallurgical and Mining Industry. 2015;7(6):591-594.
29. Karaman K., Cihangir F., Kesimal A. A. comparative assessment of rock mass deformation modulus. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2015;25(5):735-740.
30. Golik V.I., Komashchenko V.I., Razorenov Yu. I. Activation of hardening mixture components at underground ore mining. Izvestia Tul'skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle. 2017;(3): 113-123. (In Russ.).
31. Kaplunov D. R., Radchenko D. N. Design principles and selection of subsoil use technologies ensuring sustainable development of underground mines. Gornyi zhurnal. 2017;(11): 121-125. (In Russ.).
32. Rudmin M. A., Mazurov A. K., Reva I. V., Stebletsov M. D. Prospects for integrated development of the Bakcharsky iron ore deposit (Western Siberia, Russia). Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo assets engineering. 2018;329(10):87-99. (In Russ.).
33. Mukhametshin V. V., Andreev V. E. Improving evaluation of technologies aimed at optimizing use of resource base of deposits with hard-to-recover reserves. Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo assets engineering. 2018;329(8):30-26. (In Russ.).
34. Lyashenko V. I., Khomenko O. E. Enhancement of confined blasting of ore. Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2019;11:59-72.
35. Lyashenko V., Topolnij F., Dyatchin V. Development of technologies and technical means for storage of waste processing of ore raw materials in the tailings dams. Technology audit and production reserves. 2019;49(3):33-40.
36. Lyashenko V., Khomenko O., Topolny F., Golik V. Development of natural underground ore mining technologies in energy distributed massages. Technology audit and production reserves. 2020;51(1): 10-17.
37. Lyashenko V. I., Golik V. I., Dyatchin V. Z. Stockpiling of tailings in underground mined-out space and a tailing dump in the form of solidifying masses. Obogashchenie Rud. 2020;(1):41-47. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/or.2020.01.08.
For citation: Lyashenko V.I., Khomenko O.E., Golik V.I. Friendly and Resource-Saving Methods of Underground Ore Mining in Disturbed Rock Masses. Gornye nauki i tekhnologii = Mining Science and Technology (Russia). 2020;5(2):104-118. https://doi.org/10.17073/2500-0632-2020-2-104-118
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.